New to triton - refugium help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I'm a zeovit user, but I'm trying to switch to triton, for various reasons.

My aquarium is about 250GAL/ 1000L gross water, so maybe 230GAL /920L of net water?

The space that would be for the shelter, at maximum can carry 20GaL/80L net water, Is it enough?

thank you

regards

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will most likely be just around 10% after displacement etc so you should be fine yes.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel however you can't achieve the specs then you could always look at using Core7 Reef Supplements which is designed for "other methods" other than Triton, you can then employ any method of nutrient and toxin export you like.

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton isn't specific, but typically refegiums are 10-20% of the total water volume so you'd be a little short of those recommendations. You don't use filter socks with Triton, is there a way you could reclaim some of that return space? Maybe move your skimmer around?

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel however you can't achieve the specs then you could always look at using Core7 Reef Supplements which is designed for "other methods" other than Triton, you can then employ any method of nutrient and toxin export you like.

Thanks for the quick response

One of the reasons I want to leave zeovit is the complexity and number of things I have to use.

From what I realized from the research I did, to start this method, I just need the refugium and the base elements, correct?

How much algae do I need in order to keep nutrients at an acceptable level?

Right now I'm in ULNS

thank you

Triton isn't specific, but typically refegiums are 10-20% of the total water volume so you'd be a little short of those recommendations. You don't use filter socks with Triton, is there a way you could reclaim some of that return space? Maybe move your skimmer around?

The ideia is to move the skimmer to next section.

In the current sump I can not do more.

Another hypothesis is to add water reservoir and plumb to the sump.

I do not know if I can do this.

thank you

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hii

What do you think

uploadfromtaptalk1484655208413.jpg

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hii, the sump problem is solved!! :D

I have 3 questions that i need response to start the method.

1) Is the FM bailing stopped/descontinued as soon as it starts dosing the correct base elements?

2) I only can just start dosing the base elements when my KH is at 8? And then on the following days, adjust the dosage as the KH rises or falls, right?

3) What about the remaining basic elements? 2 and 3a/3b? Adjust the dosages up/down like KH, or is always 10ml / 100L?

tnkx and regards

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Triton elements replace your current balling method so you will swap one for the other. The elements are designed to be dosed equally at all times, when you adjust for an alk rise or fall you adjust all channels equally. The only exception to this is if your Calcium starts to rise then you can adjust number 2 to bring it back down.

You can start when your Alk is at 8 or you can start whenever and just adjust the dose to suit.

If you are dosing the original Base Elements (Ones you have to mix) then you start at 10ml per 100L but if you are using Core7 then it is 2ml per 100L. It is important to note that these are only starting doses and on established tanks with a decent coral load you should expect the dose to rise substantially from the starting dose so monitor your Alk closely for the first few weeks until it settles.

Back