Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this in my e-mail this morning.
Jebao has released a wireless pump.

We have release new type of Jebao Wirless RW Wave Maker.
RW-8 (Max 8000L)
RW-15 (Max 15000L)
Jebao Wireless RW Wave Maker Detail can check in our website.

image_show.php

rwcompare2.jpg

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same email. Not sure where the wireless description comes into play. It does sync with another rw. Wonder if that is what they mean. Power heads can sync without being wired to each other, but it looks like both power head and control are still wired. I need another wp maybe a rw will be better.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
those look alot nicer with the wider front mouth. I bet they will give a real nice wide flow compared to the more concentrated WP models now

OP
OP
Sacohen

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they don't look wireless in the respect that there are no wires going into the tank.
It looks more like it is wireless connectivity between pumps, but that's a good thing too.

Mtwreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wireless function is between controllers it links them up one as a master and one as a slave they will both work on the same setting but still are able to control the speed/flow of each pump individually

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yeah, wireless. ;)
Look like it has more wires, with the addition of the " wireless" option

Not much different than a vortech mp-w. Which just means wireless communication between wired units. The misleading wireless term is not a first here.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except the wires are still in the tank, so there's a big difference. and you need another wired(less) piece to connect them.

I'm sure many folks will be pleased with then though.

Last edited:

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You miss the point. Vortech base unit is not listed as wireless. The wireless vortech has the same power chord as the wired. You still need two wireless vortechs to be wired into a power source to have wireless communication. The only difference is where the power source connects to the wireless unit.

OP
OP
Sacohen

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that I don't have an MP-40 or have really seen one, but I like the idea of the MP-40 wireless where there are no wires going into the tank.

There is a separate wet and dry side and if I'm not wrong the information is passed thru the tank wall.
Wire our side the tank can always be hidden, but hiding wires inside the tank is harder plus if you have screen or something over the tank to prevent jumpers you then have to cut a hole for the wires to get in the tank.

Or on a rimless you ruin the sleek look of the rimless top with a wire going over the edge into the tank.

Just my opinion.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that I don't have an MP-40 or have really seen one, but I like the idea of the MP-40 wireless where there are no wires going into the tank.

There is a separate wet and dry side and if I'm not wrong the information is passed thru the tank wall.
Wire our side the tank can always be hidden, but hiding wires inside the tank is harder plus if you have screen or something over the tank to prevent jumpers you then have to cut a hole for the wires to get in the tank.

Or on a rimless you ruin the sleek look of the rimless top with a wire going over the edge into the tank.

Just my opinion.

That is understood except the point vortech uses the same word wireless to conway the communication between units is wireless. The vortechs that are not wireless have the same power connection as the wireless vortechs. You pay extra for wireless communication not wireless powerheads. Vortech uses the word wireless in the same fashion and manner as jebao is now using. Both are still technically wired but have wireless communication between each other.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Steve, thanks for the heads up on these. I just ordered two of the RW-15's and a few other components for my upcoming tank upgrade. I'm thinking that two WP-40's plus two RW-15's will be PLENTY of flow in a 185-ish, my Tangs will feel like they're in a 10' long tank with that flow....lol

For 1/6 the cost of the Vortech and probably 1/10 the noise these will be just fine by me. For my application I'd rather have the wires go a few inches on the inside instead of a big ol' wired noisy motor hanging off the end of tank, tried it and did not like it...........

Steve, you should definitely check out a MP40 installed on someones tank before you decide to buy one. If I had, I would of never ever purchased one to begin with. Positives = GREAT controllable flow patterns, maintenance/cleaning -vs- Negatives = PRICE, NOISE, non directional flow, short lived wet-side, wire management on outside. IMHO / IME

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Sacohen

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong. I have no intention of buying an MP-40 (at least at this point) I have a WP-40 and a WP-25 and love both of them.
I've had the WP-40 since last April and the WP-25 since last June.
Both have been running perfectly off of a Reef Angel since June with no problems.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i hope my RW-8 ships friday like they say on the website..I am already excited to get it to see how well it performs.
I feel same way about the vortech. the design is pretty nice with only the wetside goes in tank and motor is on outside. they are just way to noisy and if your wetside dies it cost as much to replace just the wetside as buying an entire new pump from jebao. I will also be happy with a tiny bit of cord in my tank for a MUCH quieter pump

Hallucination

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I liked about the mps is the battery backup, we need jebao to come out with that now

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I liked about the mps is the battery backup, we need jebao to come out with that now

Shhhhhh.....agreed and something I plan on working on / figuring out for my own. And if I can figure out a DIY way to do it safely and cheap will most definitely post it up on a DIY Thread here on R2R.

Cheers, Todd

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back