Newbie needing help :)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What are the purple tubes growing? Any idea Ed?

image.jpg

image.jpg
These are vermetid worm/snails!

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are vermetid worm you'll see a string of slime like a web from the end of the tube..if you see this they are a pest and should be removed but don't handle them use a flathead screwdriver and remove the whole shell. They're tough it's a very hard shell and can harm corals. I had some but they weren't purple they were dark brown.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No these have feathers / crowns when they come out. :/ no slime. Little bitty crowns. They pop out and in. Got some better pics of my babies growing

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are vermetid worm/snails!
The bottom pic, with the multi layered wide tube- I haven't seen anything come out of it yet. The other little ones have different colors ( red, blue , purple) feather tops that pop out. These are bad? I don't want bad.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
No these have feathers / crowns when they come out. :/ no slime. Little bitty crowns. They pop out and in. Got some better pics of my babies growing

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
They're tube worms and good guys. They're filter feeders the feather-like plume filters their food from the water..I thought they were. Really good to have!

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
The 3rd pic is Anthelia, the 4th looks like Rasta Zoas ( very nice ) and the last not sure but looks like red people eaters. The others are blued out I can't tell about them...very nice pieces!!

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom pic, with the multi layered wide tube- I haven't seen anything come out of it yet. The other little ones have different colors ( red, blue , purple) feather tops that pop out. These are bad? I don't want bad.
None with the feather filter are bad. They are tube worms, just watch the one that is darker brown, if you don't see any web-like slime strings flowing from the opening don't worry about it. If you do see the slime you can get rid of him. I have some that are just empty shells too.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet but now watching like a hawk! My Kenya trees are getting huge! Growing every day! Amazing how fast these things grow. Others are blue snowflake ( from what aquarium guy says) been feeding everything liquid foods for corals and calcium every few weeks. I swear the trees have tripled in size! The pulsing xenias are spreading too!

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet but now watching like a hawk! My Kenya trees are getting huge! Growing every day! Amazing how fast these things grow. Others are blue snowflake ( from what aquarium guy says) been feeding everything liquid foods for corals and calcium every few weeks. I swear the trees have tripled in size! The pulsing xenias are spreading too!
Pulsing Xenia and Anthelia spread fast I like them both. Some reefers won't put them in their tanks because they can take over.. Keep them where you can get to them, you will have to frag them to keep them under control. That's just part of this hobby though. The LFS will probably take extras off your hands.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's awesome to see them healthy and growing, I had five new Zoas I guess last week..made my day to find them..neat! Glad you're happy with it.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have Kenya tree but I do know they grow fast.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Lol, nah coco worms, feather dusters/feather hydroids are good + there pretty. None of them are bad, vermetid snails shed a mucous web from there tube when you feed the tank so they can catch food.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find me fb

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back