Newbie Obsessed with her Coralife Biocube 29

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why you would not want chaeto. It is probably the most common amonghobbiests. And it makes a great pod home. Not attractive in display though. The tree will look fine in the display or you can put it in the media area if you prefer. As long as it has light and flow it will grow. What is the clip for? I mean it is for feeding things like nori. Why would you need it for macros? And I don't mind questions at all. Keep em comin :)

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why you would not want chaeto. It is probably the most common amonghobbiests. And it makes a great pod home. Not attractive in display though. The tree will look fine in the display or you can put it in the media area if you prefer. As long as it has light and flow it will grow. What is the clip for? I mean it is for feeding things like nori. Why would you need it for macros? And I don't mind questions at all. Keep em comin :)

I figured I would use that to clip the algae down?
I can't remember where I read it but somewhere I read not to use chaeto??!?!?!?

So much info ... my poor little brain!!! :oops:

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I guess I could do both huh? The Tree will add some color to the display which I think I could and be beneficial too.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just zip tie the root to a small rock. No need for a clip. It might damage the stem. Interresting, never heard of bad chaeto.

Ok, going to place my order on Doctor Fosters for everything else minus the magnet clip.

When the Red Tree comes in stock I will order that, the Chaeto and the Amphipods & Copepods!

As always ... THANK YOU!

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could just cry ....

I just got up and something on my fish!!!!

Is this inc???? What do I do??!??! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!
You all are soooo helpful!!!

I have the following in my shopping cart at Doctor Fosters ... Before I pull the trigger is there anything else I might need(they are having a friends and family sale that ends tonight)?

Salifert pH Test Kit 50 Tests
Salifert Carbonate Hardness/Alkalinity Test Kit 100-200 Tests
Salifert Calcium Profi Test Kit 50-100 Tests
Salifert Magnesium Test Kit 50 Tests
PhosPure® Pads 15" x 30" x 1/2"
AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Mini Skimmer 115
Seachem Prime 100 ml
That mini skimmer from Aquatic Life works great on these tanks

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could just cry ....

I just got up and something on my fish!!!!

Is this inc???? What do I do??!??! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG
Morning, I am so sorry!! I am not an expert in this at all but it does look like ick to me. Do you have another tank that you can put him in? There are quite a few people on here who can tell you how to treat him. Humblefish is one of them you can send him a pm and he will respond. Do any of your other fish have it?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning, I am so sorry!! I am not an expert in this at all but it does look like ick to me. Do you have another tank that you can put him in? There are quite a few people on here who can tell you how to treat him. Humblefish is one of them you can send him a pm and he will respond. Do any of your other fish have it?
And melypr1985 is also very good with these things, I'm sure they will be happy to help you with this.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies!
Well sitting at work and just crying at this point.
No, I do not have another tank! I know ... stupid newbie!
I have done a few things right with this tank and soooo many things wrong! I guess the biggest is the QT!!!
I feel just horrible!
I should have done much more research before I started this tank!

Only thing I have at home right now is an empty 10 gallon tank (nothing for it though ... no pumps or anything)!
With what I have can anything be done??!?!

I have the following fish ... yellow prawn goby, watchman goby, 2 clowns cardinal and dwarf angel.

Inverts ... 2 peppermint shrimp, sally lightfoot crab, 2 hermit craps and a turbo snail.

Please help me!

Shiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually a dip only takes a few min so a 10G would be fine. If the ice hasn't infected the tank but it probably has. Each one of those spots will break off from the fish and once it hits the sand it will release thousands of more parasites :/

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, If I move them to a 10 gallon tank and fill with nutri sea water ... what do I do next?
I have no clue here and feel just defeated!
I don't know where to start or what to do!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how you feel, I am new to this as well and that's why I don't want to try to tell you how to treat them as there are really expierenced people here that can help you. I don't have a qt set up either. The lfs where I get my fish are very good and qt them before they sell them but that is not a guarante. As you don't have corals you might be able to treat him in the tank he is in now. I don't think it will hurt your other fish.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how you feel, I am new to this as well and that's why I don't want to try to tell you how to treat them as there are really expierenced people here that can help you. I don't have a qt set up either. The lfs where I get my fish are very good and qt them before they sell them but that is not a guarante. As you don't have corals you might be able to treat him in the tank he is in now. I don't think it will hurt your other fish.
Do you know how to do a pm?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back