newbie zoa collector question

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long would you say until fragged zoas added to my system are adapted? I see some growth in my tank (less than a month) but reading some threads it seem like some zoas grow pretty quick...is there a settling in period that goes on after they are moved into a new system?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coralnutz said:
Seems like it's usually about 3-6 weeks before things start to take off for me most of the time....

sounds about right.. though some of my zoas have shown a polyp or two after a week... but they don't start exploding (5-6 polyps/month) until after 1-2 months in my experience...

Shultz

Spiderman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most important thing is to leave them alone, each time you move or touch them for whatever reason they will then take a few more days to settle down again....

Cheers Shelton.

OP
OP
jasert39

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the responses...that what I figured. I two or three frags that have done great and other just kind of are staying the same. Cant wait for them to grow in so it look like some of the colonies that I see on here!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jasert39 said:
thanks for the responses...that what I figured. I two or three frags that have done great and other just kind of are staying the same. Cant wait for them to grow in so it look like some of the colonies that I see on here!

good luck and keep us posted.. :)

OP
OP
jasert39

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will do, btw your tank looks great marvin. I just looked over your website and I am encouraged to see that you can have a wonderful looking tank under pc's. Can you tell me what types of bulbs you have and how long they are on each day?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jasert39 said:
will do, btw your tank looks great marvin. I just looked over your website and I am encouraged to see that you can have a wonderful looking tank under pc's. Can you tell me what types of bulbs you have and how long they are on each day?

Thanks..

that old set up consisted of (2) 65w 12K or 10K.. forgot... and (2) 65w actinics.. actinics come on first for 10-11 hours and 12K or 10K after and before actinic turns off for 9-10 hours.. I think the site will tell you what I used to run.. :)

OP
OP
jasert39

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i looked all over, says you used 4x65 watt pcs but no breakdown or times. Iappreciated you answering though, thanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back