Nitrates?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I've said... zoas can live well with high nitrates and low nitrates. Same with phosphates.
Is high numbers what we should look for? No, not IMO.
More maintenance, perhaps the need for a phosphate reactor, more water changes, not so good for the fishes...
Best is to try to keep them undetectable. If it comes up a bit we still have time to adjust.
That's what I aways suggest to my friends. That's what normally works the best. That's what I do.

Have fun! Keep zoaing!!
Grandis.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I also think so. I got him as a baby and he has grown into a beautiful fish. Here he is with his friend, a 25 year old fireclown with bags under his eyes.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be building an overflow box soon and getting a sumo going with cheato and a skimmer. Just running a canister filter for now.

Jonathan Presseau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I've said... zoas can live well with high nitrates and low nitrates. Same with phosphates.
Is high numbers what we should look for? No, not IMO.
More maintenance, perhaps the need for a phosphate reactor, more water changes, not so good for the fishes...
Best is to try to keep them undetectable. If it comes up a bit we still have time to adjust.
That's what I aways suggest to my friends. That's what normally works the best. That's what I do.

Have fun! Keep zoaing!!
Grandis.

I disagree. Keeping NO3 and PO4 in proper balance will not only keep your corals happy and well fed, but will not lead to algae or cyano.

Having too much of one or the other is not good.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back