Noob to the hobby here

Decoda96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys! Just started my very first saltwater tank! I've been reading the forums for a couple months now and finally decided to jump on myself! I have a 10 gallon nano for now (college student in a small apartment) I got the hopes and dreams of a 50gal over the summer! Any tips would be appreciated guys! So far I have 16lbs of live reef (bedding?) 7lbs of live rock, and two oscellares clowns!! Oh also a big snail, of the kind I'm not sure lol. They're looking pretty good to me, but let me know any tips!

IMG_0687.JPG

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys! Just started my very first saltwater tank! I've been reading the forums for a couple months now and finally decided to jump on myself! I have a 10 gallon nano for now (college student in a small apartment) I got the hopes and dreams of a 50gal over the summer! Any tips would be appreciated guys! So far I have 16lbs of live reef (bedding?) 7lbs of live rock, and two oscellares clowns!! Oh also a big snail, of the kind I'm not sure lol. They're looking pretty good to me, but let me know any tips!

IMG_0687.JPG
Welcome too this wonderful hobby . Do you have any more details / pictures of your tank and tank parameters? But from the one pic looks good so far !!!! Happy reefing !

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We want an FTS (full tank shot)! :) sounds like you are well on your way. Welcome to a great place with great people.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome and great starter tank! A little more movement might be a good and in-expensive add on. The smallest version Koralia power head might do the trick. Took me a while to learn how important a good flowing tank is.

OP
OP
Decoda96

Decoda96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be sure to check it out! My friend had a powerhead In his 20 blowing his fish like a tornado, I'm sure it was just to big

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back