Nori..I must have Nori!!!!

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i caught this great pic of my linetus cowing on this stuff..all of my wrasses love it...i go through so much of this stuff between them and my tang the eat a ton
DSCN1970.jpg

demonsperm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics. You need to controll the amount the eat. Adding to diet is great but limit to 2 or 3 times a week.And use otheres foods like flake and frozen for a well mixed diet.
But if you overfeed then they will pic at algea in the tank less.And to much means more waste.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It took a while before my powder brown would eat it. Try putting the clip on a rock instead of the glass.

Nice picture. My redheaded fairy wrasse doesn't like nori, but my tangs, bicolor angel, and clarkii clowns love it.

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics. You need to controll the amount the eat. Adding to diet is great but limit to 2 or 3 times a week.And use otheres foods like flake and frozen for a well mixed diet.
But if you overfeed then they will pic at algea in the tank less.And to much means more waste.

trust me i feed a huge mix to my fish not just nori..and i do know how many times to feed my fish..i just thought it was a cool pic

labman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had many fish

though only one tang lol I just don't like them ;) but I had wrasses, triggers foxface blennt's, goby's flame angel (no more he went sps nuts on me) any way not one ever went after nori :scratch: most of mine went nuts for the purple Algae but fyi a cheap place to get the stuff is the Asian market stores.

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks labman that is were i get mine...the same stuff that is like $10 at the lfs is like $2 for more at the asian markets..my tangs that i have kept before were never really nuts for nori but i guess after they see the wrasses eat it it might help becuse now the only tang i have just tears it up and my old yellow did the same

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice pic! :D

A little off topic, but I got my nori at an Asian market as well but it seems to break up and float around the tank real easy. Went and got the stuff from the LFS and it stays together without breaking up from the water movement.

Anybody else experienced this?

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to noridirect.com and get grade D. The higher the grade the better the texture for sushi (will break ip in your tank)

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i noticed that too rev..that the cheaper stuff does break up a little more which i don't like but most of my fish do seem to eat most of it and then i try to get the rest out that i can..it makes for a little more work and that does suck..so there is pros and cons with it

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back