October 2013 Reef2Reef Membership Drive Give a Way, win a nano cube or refractometer!!!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 2013 Reef2Reef Membership Drive give a way, win one of three prizes sponsored by Reef2Reef and JBJ-USA Aquarium Products!

index.html

Reef2Reef is proud to once again offer our Membership Drive give a way for the month of October 2013!

You'll have a chance to win not one, not two, but three awesome prizes sponsored by JBJ Lighting!

First prize:

header_rimlessnano.gif

l_jbj-nano-cube-rl.png

8RL SPECS:
Aquarium Specs:
• 8 Gallon Capacity
• 6mm Bent Glass
• Tempered Glass Lid & Clips
• Dimensions: 11.8"x13.77"x13.77" (30cmX35cmX35cm)

Filtration:
• Acrylic Filter Wall with Center Overflow
• Media Basket
• Mechanical Sponge
• Activated Carbon Sponge
• Biological Ceramic Rings
• Dual return Nozzles
• Designated Heater Column (heater not included)
• Duel Return Pumps
• Center Filtration/Media/Heater Chamber is 3.5"x4.76"x13.77"
• Overflow dimensions are 3.5"x3.5"x13.77"

Second and third prizes:

header_c-scope.gif

prod-c-scope1.jpg

What’s Wrong with my Hydrometer?

Many hobbyists are frustrated with traditional swing-arm hydrometers that give inconsistent readings and only provide general guidelines for true salinity & specific gravity.

If you’ve experienced any of these typical concerns associated with hydrometers, it may be time to learn about the benefits of a C-Scope refractometer.

• Bubbles getting trapped onto the swing-arm
• Swing-arms that stick
• Getting different readings from the same test sample
• Worried that it can’t be re-calibrated

One of the most important parameters when keeping a marine tank is the salinity (salt concentrations) of your water. Natural sea water has a salinity of about 35 ppt (Parts per Thousand).

Monitoring the salt level should be accurate & precise to ensure a safe and optimal environment for tank inhabitants.
ADVANCED FEATURES
Magnified Dual Scale

This simple integrated feature magnifies the scale over 2x compared to traditional refractometers for easy viewing.
ATC - Automatic Temperature Compensation

Since water temperature effects salt readings, all C-scope refractometers are equipped with ATC to give the correct reading even if your water temperature isn’t.
Accurate & Precise

The C-Scope will not only deliver the most accurate readings, it will do so consistently with the same test sample.
Quick Calibration

The ability to calibrate the refractometer allows you to cross reference your readings without ever have to second guess yourself.
Deep Color Contrast

The C-Scope was designed to provide a clear and sharp dual scale. This is accomplished with a deep color contrast between the blue and white to quickly distinguish your measurement.
UNDERSTANDING REFRACTOMETERS

The C-Scope refractometer is designed for testing the concentrations of saltwater by providing a direct
reading of the specific gravity and salinity in ppt.

It provides a reliable refractive index and salinity readings of total dissolved solids of aqueous solutions. The refractive index is the ratio of the the speed of light in a vacuum to the speed of light in the medium (saltwater) being measured. Light is slowed by passing through saltwater, so the index of the refraction is an indication of this speed change.

You simply add a few drops of your saltwater water over the prism and focus the eyepiece under direct lighting until you see a line that divides the scale from blue and white. This line indicates the specific gravity and the salinity. Clean off the prism and store. We recommend calibrating the refractometer before your next use. This tool will provide many years of TRUE readings, a must for all hobbyists!

What you need to do to win:

One entry per member for this contest.

1. Join Reef2Reef in the month of October 2013!

2. Post in this thread why you should win one of these awesome prizes!

3. Make at least 3 posts in other threads here on Reef2Reef!

Pretty easy huh?

I'll be drawing the winner via random number generator on November 1st some time around 6pm my time "Pacific standard"! Be sure to check back then to claim your prize, if it isn't claimed within 3 days I'll do a redraw and so on till it is claimed. This item can only be shipped to the continental US, sorry.

hoodaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started planning out an 8 gallon nano build a couple weeks ago. So this would be awesome if I could win this tank. Haha more money for livestock!

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to win because this would be an awesome give-away for my science students that want to start their own reefs!

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my girlfriend is dying to have a little tank she can start with bc i wont let her touch mine and bc i really need a new refractometer that actually works

stephdagger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deserve it because my neon dottyback is sick of living in my quarantine tank :)

I deserve it because my neon dottyback is sick of living in my quarantine tank :)

Mike P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...because Saltwater Creatures > all.

Now, off to check out my new community!

OceanDude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Northern New York. NORTHERN New York. haha
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to win the nano because I have been ready to fully commit to the hobby once again. I unfortunately got out of it because of school and other things. Now I'm back and ready as ever to have a thriving reef!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would love this. I often talk about my tank at work and this would allow me to bring a piece of the ocean to work and let others see the beauty of reef and marine aquaria and perhaps set one up too at home. Everyone relates saltwater with Nemo and Dory and this would be an ideal setting for such fish to display with a few nice pieces of rock and coral !

MrsG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id love to win so i can start up my own little seahorse tank. We have nice 5ft tank thats primarily hubbys domain and it would be nice to have my own space to create in.

ga12101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would love to win so that i would have the chance to have some corals and fish together with the right equipment. :)

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef everyone!

Remember you have to be a new member to be eligible to win this contest!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back