Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking for prayer- a dear friend of mine is showing signs of mental illness. Not sure what to say or do. Some days, I wish I could have an honest conversation with them and ask them to get help, but honestly, not sure they would understand or comprehend they need to see someone.

I've been down this road too with a friend of mine. Also, like @Psiber_Syn, this person would create stories about health issues and the health of family members in order to seek sympathy. Unfortunately, I don't think this will change without any help. It's sad when someone you know is a pathological liar and doesn't think they need help.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly the kind of thing my friend would do @erinmegan85 it's bad enough that they have issues but when you create instances especially about family karma has a way of hurting you. I hope your friend gets the help they obviously desperately need prayers coming your way

adestafi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@adestafi - will pray for you and your friend.

I know you aren't posting for advice but if there is any doubt in your mind I would have that conversation. I have found for those who are struggling with mental issues a calm conversation at the right time is enough to begin the difficult conversations that need to take place. I have been a part of a few of those as a pastor and they never go the way you would expect. I think when the person knows you are approaching them out of love and a desire to see them healthy they respond favorably.
I appreciate it. This person told me this past weekend they heard a voice telling them to move to a foreign country, which I'll leave unnamed because it's irrelevant, but the fact that they would leave their family/kids and go to a place where they dont know anyone or have any cultural knowledge, etc. is beyond me.

Do you mind me asking what signs? Like are they having wicked thoughts like a disturbed person or are they all depressed? Could it be like a random paranoia?
I think its more depression/paranoia? Im not sure. Their actions do NOT make any sense- for instance, calling your kids and yelling at them to pick up their "stuff" because its "taking up too much space" when the "stuff" was removed years ago. Maybe its more dementia? Not sure. But hearing voices and seeing/believing things that do not exist is increasingly becoming worse. :(

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its more depression/paranoia? Im not sure. Their actions do NOT make any sense- for instance, calling your kids and yelling at them to pick up their "stuff" because its "taking up too much space" when the "stuff" was removed years ago. Maybe its more dementia? Not sure. But hearing voices and seeing/believing things that do not exist is increasingly becoming worse. :(

Do they read the Bible or are they in the faith? Could it be related to drug use?

I've heard voices in my head. Telling me to stab myself when I was a kid as an example. I said no and then it told me what if god wanted you to would you do it then? Simply put you don't have to listen to what you hear. Some times I wonder if they know they can separate their thoughts or if they realize man is body and spirit. Your spirit is your real thoughts and your body can slam thoughts in to that are random. Like how when you dream it's all random junk you don't intentionally put there. Imo (I'm not a doctor).

ill pray for your friend to be able to discern their own thoughts. And to be in the faith if they aren't.

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update she made it through last night which was the hardest part they were able to get some antibiotics in her so she just left to go into surgery again

CenlaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea! Can I please have prayer regarding a possible job in New Jersey. There will be a vote either today or tomorrow to decide if I should take the next step in the process to see I am right for the job.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update she made it through last night which was the hardest part they were able to get some antibiotics in her so she just left to go into surgery again

I have prayed for your aunt Jada and will continue to do so. I will also do my best to make a donation to her Gofundme page to help with expenses. Continued prayers for you as well.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate it. This person told me this past weekend they heard a voice telling them to move to a foreign country, which I'll leave unnamed because it's irrelevant, but the fact that they would leave their family/kids and go to a place where they dont know anyone or have any cultural knowledge, etc. is beyond me.

To be honest you need to ge this person to see a mental health expert as soon as possible. One thing you need to realize is that reality is what you perceive it to be, lots of mental health diseases warp reality for people, it wont ever make sense for you but it makes perfect sense to them.

Pugfishluv3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So sorry to hear this hun I will be thinking about the both of you! If you need someone to talk to message me! My friend committed suicide the other day and grandfather passed away in November from alzhimers so I understand all to well :(

adestafi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest you need to ge this person to see a mental health expert as soon as possible. One thing you need to realize is that reality is what you perceive it to be, lots of mental health diseases warp reality for people, it wont ever make sense for you but it makes perfect sense to them.
Thank you for your honesty Shep, I'll do my best to get them help and just keep praying God intervenes.

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have prayed for your aunt Jada and will continue to do so. I will also do my best to make a donation to her Gofundme page to help with expenses. Continued prayers for you as well.
Thank you she has been a mother to me all my life

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers, and ask that you keep them coming as the journey continues... due date Oct 15, 2017 :eek:o_O:)

We're not telling any of our friends yet as it's still early... 6 weeks. I'm sharing here, because it's simply too hard to contain my excitement and not tell someone!!!
Congratulations