On becoming a reefing Expert

Golden State Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

Happy to join this great community of Reefers. My interest in a reef tank started with a visit to the pediatrician's office. He had a great tank in the waiting room and I couldn't stop staring at it. I decided it was time to go big and jump right into saltwater because everyone says it's so difficult. I went right out and bought a 32G Biocube and then realized that this "going big" meant I had to go small with the fish I could buy. So....this tank lasted about 3 months and I upgraded by purchasing a medium tank for the home (3 ft / 65G) and a bigger tank to stare at in the office (5 ft / 140G).

And that was great until I went to Reefapalooza and bought more than I could fit in these 2. So, I bought 2 more. The collection now includes 4 Red Sea Reefer tanks, models 170, 250, 425 XL & 525 XL. They are controlled via the Neptune Apex and use Radion G4 Lighting. Installing a Pax Bellum in them. I'll attach a photo of the work in progress of my Reefer 250 below.

i-zKdv8zR-X3.jpg

This obsession has come on strong and I'm having a great time learning. It's been trial by fire so far and I'm certainly in the process of "learning" by my mistakes.

There was that day I told my wife I'm becoming a reefing expert. Fast forward a few hours and I had a partial tank crash and lost half of my fish.

Then there was that time my "expert" installation of a fail safe float valve on the RO/DO system in the office failed. My co-workers got an unexpected surfing lesson when they opened the office door in the morning...

Looking forward to having fun on here and sharing my "expert" opinion.

Here's one of my favorite corals as a parting shot. This is a WWC Grafted Starburst Monti Cap I picked up from Chris at the World Wide Corals booth at RAP Orange County.

i-HRcDQfw-X3.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're happy to have you! Experts in training are welcome! :D

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, awesome avatar. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back