Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hernan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do but as you said credit Randy and Reef2Reef with a link to the original article here! Thanks! :)
ok. Until now I have time to do the translation to spanish lenguaje. I will post a link to my blog and give the credits. Happy new year.

Hernan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wold like to thanks to @revhtree and @Randy Holmes-Farley Holmes-Farley[/USER] for allow me to do a translation to spanish of the work "Optimal Parameters for a Coral Reef Aquarium: By Randy Holmes-Farley" and post it in my blog "Mi Arrecife".

Many Spanish-speaking people will benefit from such great work. Thanks a lot!

Quisiera agradecer a Revhtree y a Randy por permitirme hacer una traducción al español de su trabajo"Parámetros Óptimos para el Acuario de Corales de Arrecife: por Randy Holmes-Farley" y publicarlo en mi blog "Mi Arrecife"

This is the link https://www.facebook.com/notes/mi-arrecife/parámetros-óptimos-para-el-acuario-de-corales-de-arrecifepor-randy-holmes-farley/1837271356562627

Last edited:

reefbizkit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone achieve perfect zero parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates? I can maintain low levels but never seem to zero them out completely.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone achieve perfect zero parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates? I can maintain low levels but never seem to zero them out completely.
You actually don't really want zero nitrate. Some people get there, but the corals starve and are highly unhappy. In fact on unls, alot of people are dosing stump remover(potassium nitrate) to great success.

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first page of this thread gave my recommendation, which is a less than value for phosphate and nitrate. When I wrote it, not that many people were actually driving way below my less than number without providing more organic foods. Now people are, and I wouldn't recommend zero. Unless you actively feed specialized foods for corals, I'd probably aim for 0.2 to 3 ppm nitrate and around 0.01 ppm phosphate (with a wider range OK). :)

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first page of this thread gave my recommendation, which is a less than value for phosphate and nitrate. When I wrote it, not that many people were actually driving way below my less than number without providing more organic foods. Now people are, and I wouldn't recommend zero. Unless you actively feed specialized foods for corals, I'd probably aim for 0.2 to 3 ppm nitrate and around 0.01 ppm phosphate (with a wider range OK). :)
Would you help me in this thread. (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-to-balance-nitrate-and-phosphate.295928/)
Its about the same issue.I would be thankful that any one interested say his idea to me.

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy
The article is very interesting and helpful. I have a question about diy two/three part method. I understood that I have to add both cal. and alk. part together _ of course separability. Is that right? In my tank, the alk. is about 7 and cal. is about 500. Yet I have to add both components? Or I add only alc. part?

regards
Akbar

mazoli

(re)Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, you are now a famous person worldwide. Congrats!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back