Ordered first tank, need some help

Ivan Stoiljkovic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, finally decided to enter this game and so happy to see a huge community of reef lovers.

I just wanted a contemporary looking tank, red sea was a first choice but when I found out that
Cad lights has 220 G tank I switched immediately.
That's when the problems started, It was paid for 40 days ago,
I had to buy an overflow box from synergy reef (suggested by cad lights)
Synergy reef was on a 2 week holiday break, after finally getting it, cad lights started moving to a new warehouse and now not answering phone for 5 days.

Any suggestions? I can dispute transaction with a bank, but where do I find something similar?
around 200 G with a clean look

Thanks

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, welcome to R2R and your new reefing community. I would suggest giving Cad Lights a little time if they are moving. It's a reputable company and been around a while. A very good friend of mine just installed one. Like you, he started with the Red Sea and ended up with the CL and couldn't be happier.

That's my thought anyway. Patience in this hobby is a key to success so maybe this is just practice.

Nick92515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a few days, do you have an expected build/ship date. There reputable i wohldnt worry. A few days is nothing in reefing time lol.

OP
OP
I

Ivan Stoiljkovic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reassuring, nobody likes waiting, 45 days is too long
Especially if they don’t pick up the phone

But I guess I’ll wait another week

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAD lights is a nightmare to work with as far as customer service. Their product is great. Their customer service is horrible. It took us literally calling every day until the resolved the issues we had. After waiting a month for the tank it came with no sump, plumbing, or lid. Once that finally came about three weeks later the lid was smashed and the plumbing wasn't cut to size, but the sump was okay, so I cut my losses there. I wasn't about to deal with them over plumbing and a smashed lid. With us it took the threat of charge backs to get their butts in gear. Call them, e-mail them, and leave them messages. Moving or not moving they need to communicate with their customers, which they tend to not do very well. I've said it time and time again, if I had to do it all over again I would never have even bought a tank from them and continue to tell others to run far, far away because of how horrible their customer service is.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, finally decided to enter this game and so happy to see a huge community of reef lovers.

I just wanted a contemporary looking tank, red sea was a first choice but when I found out that
Cad lights has 220 G tank I switched immediately.
That's when the problems started, It was paid for 40 days ago,
I had to buy an overflow box from synergy reef (suggested by cad lights)
Synergy reef was on a 2 week holiday break, after finally getting it, cad lights started moving to a new warehouse and now not answering phone for 5 days.

Any suggestions? I can dispute transaction with a bank, but where do I find something similar?
around 200 G with a clean look

Thanks
If you can get your Cadlights money back and go for the Red Sea "Reefer" or if you want bigger and have the budget look at the Elos rimless tanks.

Synergy sumps are great and worth the wait.

I'm glad your aboard the R2R family.

Your first post would have better suited you as this "Red Sea Reefer or Cadlights"

OP
OP
I

Ivan Stoiljkovic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is very good but too small,
Elos is the best but a little over my price range (just for the tank)
Thanks guys,
We finally received the tank from Cadlights, BUT
Stand has 2 left side panels, just like buying 2 left shoes?
And, guess what, nobody is answering calls.
:)
After DIYing the right side I put the stand in place, now I got issue with the floor
20170203_194207.jpg
20170204_101042.jpg

Any suggestion how to deal with uneven hardwood floor?
And also, what do you thing about spraying the inside of the stand with something like flex seal?

Thanks

Nick92515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use the Rust-Oleum Appliance epoxy they sell it at Home Depot in a quart can for like 15 bucks, that's a nice high gloss white and waterproof

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I would say about DIYing the right side of the stand is that if anything happens during the one year that they have a warranty on them would probably be void because you altered the stand. (That's if they bothered to even pick up the phone should there be a problem in that one year) Glad you finally got your tank.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is very good but too small,
Elos is the best but a little over my price range (just for the tank)
Thanks guys,
We finally received the tank from Cadlights, BUT
Stand has 2 left side panels, just like buying 2 left shoes?
And, guess what, nobody is answering calls.
:)
After DIYing the right side I put the stand in place, now I got issue with the floor
20170203_194207.jpg
20170204_101042.jpg

Any suggestion how to deal with uneven hardwood floor?
And also, what do you thing about spraying the inside of the stand with something like flex seal?

Thanks
I'm sorry about your two left shoes...

On your level floor issues.
I'm just thinking out loud... But I have the RSM S-400 and no part of that stand hits the ground.
You know those feet that screw in and out to level something? That what they use on the S Series.
9 - screw in leveling feet. 3 on both ends and 3 in the middle of the stand.

Jump to 7:30 in the video :)

OP
OP
I

Ivan Stoiljkovic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back