our zoanthid dominated island waterfall

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one intense build. I have always imagined of doing something like that but I could never picture how it would really come out. Awesome build!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wicked Awesome! That's thinking outside the box!

Keep updating with pictures as this tank matures, please!!!

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thread..wow that tank will be plugged in 6 more months from growth....great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

reefwars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thread..wow that tank will be plugged in 6 more months from growth....great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks , were trying not to add too much sps or lps so hopefully the euphyllia will play nice while they grow out and the other lps all have some good distance:)

its not quite zoanthhid dominated yet but will be soon enough , im slowly adding more zoos around the water line on the island and we want the perfect mix of colors and patterns so while i could fill it in about half an hour were gonna add them piece by piece as we go:)

we have min 50 more ricordias to add and as much as 100 more depending on space and look:)

OP
OP
R

reefwars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone we are glad you like it , we will detail out how the system runs shortly and as well we took a video last night of the tank for everyone to see:)

OP
OP
R

reefwars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while my video loads here are a few shots from last night showing off corals and fish:) (cell phone pics)

enjoy!

cheers

denny and ruth

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever thought about planting a mangrove or two up there on coral mountain?

OP
OP
R

reefwars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever thought about planting a mangrove or two up there on coral mountain?

we are going to , we left a 4" channel behind the island that they are going to be planted into , i thinking about 4-6 mangroves:)

haha great minds think alike we are adding fiddler crabs near the finishing stages, we did this in a previous waterfall tank we had;)

thanks guys glad you all like it it was alot of fun to build and more updates coming soon:)

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are going to , we left a 4" channel behind the island that they are going to be planted into , i thinking about 4-6 mangroves:)

haha great minds think alike we are adding fiddler crabs near the finishing stages, we did this in a previous waterfall tank we had;)

thanks guys glad you all like it it was alot of fun to build and more updates coming soon:)

Awesome!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's super cool! I love it!!

OP
OP
R

reefwars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are the zoas?

haha i was waiting for that lol well that part im trying to do a bit slower , im gonna start to add a bunch over the weekend but im selectively adding them polyp by polyp to create the perfect color mix when looking top down at the island :) we have lots of them in there now but its not quite zoa dominated but will be next week:)

ricordias landed today so will have pics of all that shortly:)

thanks guys :)

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha i was waiting for that lol well that part im trying to do a bit slower , im gonna start to add a bunch over the weekend but im selectively adding them polyp by polyp to create the perfect color mix when looking top down at the island :) we have lots of them in there now but its not quite zoa dominated but will be next week:)

ricordias landed today so will have pics of all that shortly:)

thanks guys :)

Booo! Lol. Looking forward to the new pics!

OP
OP
R

reefwars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pics over the weekend and we will post them in the next few days but tank is on cruise control , our large maxima the one that had pinched mantle seems to have made a full recovery and back to his normal self after a few fresh water baths. All our gorgs we added have now finished doing there shedding from going to a new system and look great:)

A little while ago we had a mishap with the doser and I put the wrong cap on the vinegar bottle instead of an A I put a V on the Alk bottle so I thought it was vinegar ...stupid me set it up and was dosing Alk on a vinegar schedule while another pump was dosing Alk on its reg schedule , dkh went to 14 before we caught it but is now back down and problem rectified . We got a little stn on a couple acros but that has stopped so could have been worse :)

We are going to be finishing the cabints over Xmas which we are going to be doing I think in stone if not some sort of tile :)

Funny enough the loudest part of the system and the only thing that can even be heard is the jebao dc pump even on speed 3 it drives me nuts lol the enclosing of the stand should help though:)

Will post pics soon as well another video:)

Back