OP
OP
A

Anero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JBJ 24g nanocube, it have a built in flow head on the back of the tank i also have a Koralia 2 powerhead that i havn't put in yet, i was trying to find a place to put it without messing up the current flow from the built head to the over flow.

but also an update, i have had no other losses so far. also i'm having a little bit of a brownish algae outbreak, i took a water sample to my LFS today and everything came back prefect

ammonia - 0
phosphates - 0
nitrites - 0
nitrates - 0
pH - 8.2
S.G 1.024
calcium - 420ppm

still sitting on the tank right now, i did add a turbo snail tonight to see if it will help with the algae, he is still acclimating. maybe in another week or so i'll add a pair of clowns, maybe.

demonsperm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With low to no water movement you have low O2 saturation so adding another fish means a decline in amount of O2 in the water and being new and stressed then its only more vulrable. The addition of the powerhead would only help and ill bet the fish you have now will have more energy. Flow is so important in so many ways in a SW tank being it reef or FO.
I would place high facing front center glass opposite side of other flow source. You might get some SB debris but this should settle in time and is only a temporary eyesore. That K2 might be a little big but dont use the front deverter , the snap on front piece. This will reduce high direct flow.

I have the JBJ 24g nanocube, it have a built in flow head on the back of the tank i also have a Koralia 2 powerhead that i havn't put in yet, i was trying to find a place to put it without messing up the current flow from the built head to the over flow.

but also an update, i have had no other losses so far. also i'm having a little bit of a brownish algae outbreak, i took a water sample to my LFS today and everything came back prefect

ammonia - 0
phosphates - 0
nitrites - 0
nitrates - 0
pH - 8.2
S.G 1.024
calcium - 420ppm

still sitting on the tank right now, i did add a turbo snail tonight to see if it will help with the algae, he is still acclimating. maybe in another week or so i'll add a pair of clowns, maybe.

demonsperm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it will also HELP control algea growth and uneatin food and fish waste and other debris from collecting on the bottom.

OP
OP
A

Anero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok awesome ty for the advice i'll see if i can find a place to put the K2 tomorrow after work.

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok friday i checked all my params they all looked good and i tested the water again saturday after noon because i didn't have a test for alk and calcium.

everything check awesome. see my other post.

i bought 5 hermits 5 snails 1 coral banded shrimp and a fire shrimp yesterday,
i woke up to a dead shrimp and 2 dead snails any ideas?

params from this mornings check after i cleaned out the dead stuff....

ammonia - 0
nitrites - 0
nitrates - ~5
phosphates - 0
calcium - 420ppm
pH - 8.2
temp - 80

all the hermits are still alive and munching on algae like crazy and the fire shrimp is staying at the back of the tank.
old thread. So old

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 24 nano cube. it's about 2 weeks old, this is the first livestock i've added. snapping? i dont remeber any snapping sounds?
2 weeks old. I think thats kinda early to add shrimp because they are quite sensitive. Did you cycle with bottled bacteira?

PeterZammetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok friday i checked all my params they all looked good and i tested the water again saturday after noon because i didn't have a test for alk and calcium.

everything check awesome. see my other post.

i bought 5 hermits 5 snails 1 coral banded shrimp and a fire shrimp yesterday,
i woke up to a dead shrimp and 2 dead snails any ideas?

params from this mornings check after i cleaned out the dead stuff....

ammonia - 0
nitrites - 0
nitrates - ~5
phosphates - 0
calcium - 420ppm
pH - 8.2
temp - 80

all the hermits are still alive and munching on algae like crazy and the fire shrimp is staying at the back of the tank.
I myself have found that no crab will survive over 24 hours in my tank and it is frustrating. I have no hitchhikers and or predators that can kill them but they refuse to stay alive. Sometimes PH and salinity swings can just be the answer, but nothing you need to add outside of what is within the salt mix we use is needed for them and it may just be a waiting game of tank maturity.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself have found that no crab will survive over 24 hours in my tank and it is frustrating. I have no hitchhikers and or predators that can kill them but they refuse to stay alive. Sometimes PH and salinity swings can just be the answer, but nothing you need to add outside of what is within the salt mix we use is needed for them and it may just be a waiting game of tank maturity.
RIP for all your crabs that died.
Just grab a good quality bag of salt and ur all set to go.
I kept softies and some LPS with red sea pro salt and never needed to dose anything.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back