OP
OP
Jim C

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Antibiotics are notoriously slow acting in fish which is why the extended period of treatment is needed. It's similar to when the doctor tells you to finish your antibiotics even if you start feeling better before they are done.
I just dosed metroplex, but kanaplex says to only to give a max of 3 doses. I've already done 3, so do I stop kanaplex?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dosed metroplex, but kanaplex says to only to give a max of 3 doses. I've already done 3, so do I stop kanaplex?

Keep going with it. You want to go until all signs of infection are gone... but always a minimum of ten days even if they look better on day 3. You may continue to dose the medication for an additional two or three days to be sure the infection is gone completely before stopping.

OP
OP
Jim C

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep going with it. You want to go until all signs of infection are gone... but always a minimum of ten days even if they look better on day 3. You may continue to dose the medication for an additional two or three days to be sure the infection is gone completely before stopping.
@melypr1985 @Humblefish
So I have treated the fish with antibiotics since February 2. They have not been showing any symptoms and appear healthy. Am I done?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melypr1985 @Humblefish
So I have treated the fish with antibiotics since February 2. They have not been showing any symptoms and appear healthy. Am I done?

For the infection, yes. Was there anything else (ich, flukes) you needed to treat (and go fallow) for?

OP
OP
Jim C

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the infection, yes. Was there anything else (ich, flukes) you needed to treat (and go fallow) for?
There was not, the bacterial infection is all that I was fighting. No need to go fallow, as the display was completely broken down and sterilized.

Now my second question, am I able to keep this water in the qt for the next fish I eventually get?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now my second question, am I able to keep this water in the qt for the next fish I eventually get?

It's best to start fresh if you can. Lingering bacterial infections can be a huge pain to deal with especially if you don't have to.

OP
OP
Jim C

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's best to start fresh if you can. Lingering bacterial infections can be a huge pain to deal with especially if you don't have to.
OK so I am starting the QT fresh. I just put the fish in the display. The yellow tang is acting perfectly normal, but from its snout to around its eye, its face is all white. The perimeter of his dorsal fin is also white?

OP
OP
Jim C

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
This is not my image but it looks identical. Is it HLLE?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. That looks like HLLE to me as well.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HLLE x3.

Soak food in selcon and feed highly nutritious foods, avoid flakes and most pellets. Feed lots of nori, red and green.

Back