Palytoxin Poisoning Information

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is crazy. I've never heard of people getting sick from just being in the same room, except for the guy that boiled them.

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3mm3 I was under the impression that most multicolor "pretty zoa's" are of the weak to non dangerous level and that primarily the more solid greens/blues/browish palys were primarily the culprets just like pictured in photo of those responsible in that case? What was your experience you mentioned for those of us looking at adding them to tanks?

OP
OP
3mm3

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3mm3 I was under the impression that most multicolor "pretty zoa's" are of the weak to non dangerous level and that primarily the more solid greens/blues/browish palys were primarily the culprets just like pictured in photo of those responsible in that case? What was your experience you mentioned for those of us looking at adding them to tanks?

I tend to agree that the colorful zoanthids seem to be less dangerous as that's all I have kept for the last 7 years and have had no negative interactions. But after my experience I only handle them with gloves and if fragging I also put on eye protection.
My negative experience took place after fragging up some palys before bed. Actually they where the exact type pictured in my user avatar. I should also mention though that mixed in with them where some of the very large brown palys (they where only handled though).
About 30 to 45 minutes later I got a very bad taste in my mouth. Quickly after that I started having very thick mucus coming out of mouth and nose. At the same time I was having a very hard time breathing. It felt like I was going to pass out. I was also shaking pretty badly. Heart was also pounding. I did not go to the hospital (stupid of me). I literally laid on the floor in the room. It was a very bad lesson learned on what to do wrong.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started reading through the first case report.. Patient A has a 200g tank in his 'mobile home' [emoji23]

Back