Parasite??

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just noticed this string looking thing hanging off the bottom of my fish, I thought it was just poop but it's been there for a few hours now.
I remember seeing a post with something similar but brown in color that came out of the side of the fish and was supposed to be some type of parasite, I'm hoping this is not something deadly.

20170211_171156.jpg

20170211_171223.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like poop. White stringy poop usually denotes intestinal worms/parasites. Does it appear more white to you? It looks yellow to me, but I'm not sure that makes much of a difference. Treatment for intestinal parasites is feeding Metroplex + Focus in the food. The focus binds the metro to the food making it reefsafe. I would run carbon as a precaution if you don't already and plan to feed this once a day for possibly two weeks. It could take a bit longer since some can be quit stubborn.

OP
OP
Dtfnemo

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like poop. White stringy poop usually denotes intestinal worms/parasites. Does it appear more white to you? It looks yellow to me, but I'm not sure that makes much of a difference. Treatment for intestinal parasites is feeding Metroplex + Focus in the food. The focus binds the metro to the food making it reefsafe. I would run carbon as a precaution if you don't already and plan to feed this once a day for possibly two weeks. It could take a bit longer since some can be quit stubborn.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye on him.
If I do dose this metroplex and focus would it matter if any other fish eat it? Should I try to just feed the infected fish?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back