Peppermint vs cleaner shrimp

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got peppermints, fire/blood, and skunk cleaners (two of each) in my tank without trouble, along with five sexy shrimp. The sexies are out and on display _all_ the time, I see the skunk cleaners' antennae most of the time and they're ready to pounce whenever I feed, but the bloods and peppermints are far more nocturnal, and I don't see more than their antennae most of the time - even at feeding.

~Bruce

dwebb1031

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 skunks, two peps, and a cbs. While it's not recommended to have a cbs with the others it has worked well in my 75. A few time one of the skunks has gotten close enough to entice the cbs who has lunged at them, but they have plenty of room to get the hell outta dodge. Neither bother the peps.

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can they Both be in the same tank

Yes and No I have had tanks with both as long as they had room but then others it didn't matter the cleaner would always beat up the pep. I think it has to do with the shrimps personality as weird as that might sound.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never had issues with these two types of shrimp together. :)

Wisehart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have 4 peppermint, a skunk or scarlet cleaner, a blood or flame cleaner, and a pistol shrimp. Not a single problem with any of them. However the peppermint and blood cleaner only come out when feeding.

LuckyEd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a peppermint and a scarlet cleaner and they cohabitate in a 45 gl tank without problems. However, I noticed the scarlet cleaner shrimp is the dominant of the two.

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got peppermints (4), fire (2), and skunk cleaners (4) in my tank without trouble. They kind of stake out their on areas in the tank.

Jongalt26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 cleaner, 2 fire and they rarely bother each other. The biggest issue i have is that they are all absolute pigs. I'll give them a big chunk of food right before i feed my corals but I still have to guard my duncans from them (until the duncans open back up)

Back