Planning New reef Build. I have a question.

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am beginning my next reef aquarium build very shortly.
I am ditching led's and going back to halides and t5. I have also contemplated an 8 bulb t5 fixture. My question is,
Are there any recent rumors of metal halide bulbs being discontinued any time in the near future?

I realize this has been asked before as I have been looking for this answer I am just looking for the most recent information.

Also, if so, are they looking to phase out one type before the other (DE vs SE)?
I am basically trying to determine what pendants to purchase. These answers may push me towards the 8 bulb t5's although I do not like lack of shimmer.

Thanks!

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with mogul. I doubt they will quit making any of them as so many people are going back to them. I bought a Hamilton Cebu sun and am very happy with it. Very heavy to get hung, but a well built fixture.

OP
OP
3mm3

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with mogul. I doubt they will quit making any of them as so many people are going back to them. I bought a Hamilton Cebu sun and am very happy with it. Very heavy to get hung, but a well built fixture.
Thanks for the reply.
I was unable to find this info and decided to go with the 250w DE bulb style. Ill just stock up with at least 5 years of bulbs lol.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%

Back