OP
OP
henryhahn

henryhahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely killing me. I though it looked a bit better yesterday, but looks worse today:(
Is this because of the kh?
1484775452278-1277836151.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this because of the kh?
No I dont think so. Its possible the tank isnt quite balanced(alk light nutrints) and the coral wasn't actually doing great. Its weird to me that sand knocked out.
If the nutrints have been low for some time its possible the coral has been struggling. thats pure speculation of course.
So to start you may want to put it in a place of a little less flow, and slightly less light.

Here's the thing, Very often (almost daily), my "failures" and successes are inexplicable. Its often weeks or months until I figure out the why in both cases. Sometimes I never do.
Right this second I have two colonies of the exact same zoas in a tank right next to each other. One of the colonies just crashed. I have no Idea why.

I also have two of these plates in my larger tank, one out front on the sand that does ok. and one all the way in back that also does ok too. Judging by the deeper color, It may actuall like less light.

OP
OP
henryhahn

henryhahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I dont think so. Its possible the tank isnt quite balanced(alk light nutrints) and the coral wasn't actually doing great. Its weird to me that sand knocked out.
If the nutrints have been low for some time its possible the coral has been struggling. thats pure speculation of course.
So to start you may want to put it in a place of a little less flow, and slightly less light.

Here's the thing, Very often (almost daily), my "failures" and successes are inexplicable. Its often weeks or months until I figure out the why in both cases. Sometimes I never do.
Right this second I have two colonies of the exact same zoas in a tank right next to each other. One of the colonies just crashed. I have no Idea why.

I also have two of these plates in my larger tank, one out front on the sand that does ok. and one all the way in back that also does ok too. Judging by the deeper color, It may actuall like less light.
I've moved it, last night, to under an overhang in the rocks. It looks worse today. I am glad it wasn't the alk that did it, but I hope I can figure out what did and get it back. (I <3 my kiwi plate coral)

I dosed 7ml of the Fusion 1 brought my Cal up to 440, and brought the Alk down to 10 dkh. I think I'll keep an eye and see where this goes before dosing those again. Hopefully, Petco will have the phosphate test and I can pick it up on my lunch tomorrow. If not, I can order through Amazon and have it by Monday. All other corals look like they are doing well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back