OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white horizontal line is normal for them; but white stringy poop would mean intestinal worms: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/internal-parasites-intestinal-worms.267419/

Intestinal worms can also cause a fish to be very skinny, so that's why I was asking about the poop.
Ok so looking at the pic I took I guess she does have that line but its more yellow then white. You can zoom in on the pic I attached previously...i have not seen the poop. I saw her very briefly eating mysis this morning...i think I need to go buy her some seaweed though?

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can give them regular supermarket bought Nori sheets meant for rolling sushi as long as it doesn't have any other ingredients like sesame oil or whatever, it should just be roasted seaweed.
Ok great thanks... and what's the best way to feed it? By hand or with the clip?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clip since they visit it continually.... like grazing in the wild.

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey b4 u buy more fish I would research em b4 hand .sometimes ppl want fish that they dont have the space to house suffer by buying them and bringing them to a small tank.something that needs room to grow. When buying fish also its a good idea to ask them to feed em b4 u purchase ,make sure there eating and healthy.tang fish need pretty big tanks

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey b4 u buy more fish I would research em b4 hand .sometimes ppl want fish that they dont have the space to house suffer by buying them and bringing them to a small tank.something that needs room to grow. When buying fish also its a good idea to ask them to feed em b4 u purchase ,make sure there eating and healthy.tang fish need pretty big tanks
Yes...i will do that thank you so much.

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white horizontal line is normal for them; but white stringy poop would mean intestinal worms: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/internal-parasites-intestinal-worms.267419/

Intestinal worms can also cause a fish to be very skinny, so that's why I was asking about the poop.
Can this kill fish? I have a fox face that seems thin and let off a white stringy one earlier
I'll try to get some pics in the morning I have work though so won't be home till the afternoon. All i have is the filter in my HOB

No I haven't noticed...what does that mean? The white poop and the white horizontal linr?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this kill fish? I have a fox face that seems thin and let off a white stringy one earlier

Yes, depending upon which protozoan it is. Also, intestinal worms are spread when another fish eats the white stringy poop. So I think we found one problem with your YT.

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, depending upon which protozoan it is. Also, intestinal worms are spread when another fish eats the white stringy poop. So I think we found one problem with your YT.
I haven't seen any white poop. What problem did we find?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any white poop. What problem did we find?

You may not have seen the poop from Banana yet, but the fact that one of your other fish showed the poop means that the rest are likely infected as well. Fish are gross and eat each others poop all the time. Your yellow tang probably has them as well now too.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may not have seen the poop from Banana yet, but the fact that one of your other fish showed the poop means that the rest are likely infected as well. Fish are gross and eat each others poop all the time. Your yellow tang probably has them as well now too.

+1

I have a fox face that seems thin and let off a white stringy one earlier

^^ This is the problem. If one fish has intestinal worms (white stringy poop), then odds are all of his tank mates have them as well.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys guys, the one that commented about the foxface isn't the OP. Granted, that doesn't mean Banana or the other poster's foxface do not have parasites but I thought I should mention that. ;)

LOL. Well there ya go! OOPS! Neither me nor humble caught that!! Thank you @GHsaltie for clearing that up :D

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noooooo...that wasn't me that wrote that....so please read again.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back