OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys guys, the one that commented about the foxface isn't the OP. Granted, that doesn't mean Banana or the other poster's foxface do not have parasites but I thought I should mention that. ;)
What is op

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great thanks... and what's the best way to feed it? By hand or with the clip?

This would work better than the clip since the fish will just rip it off the clip.

p-97366-89655K.jpg

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would work better than the clip since the fish will just rip it off the clip.

p-97366-89655K.jpg
What is that...i put some on a clip and banana won't go near it. She did eat some that was floating around and she has eaten some mysis. But the seaweed gets really soft and breaks away from the clip

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that...i put some on a clip and banana won't go near it. She did eat some that was floating around and she has eaten some mysis. But the seaweed gets really soft and breaks away from the clip

Two little fishies feeder pouch. Prevents from the whole piece being ripped off and hold it flat instead of curling up in the flow. Awesomeness!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we're back to square one with Banana. o_O Sometimes you can rubberband nori to a rock, and fish are more inclined to eat it because they naturally graze on rocks anyway.

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we're back to square one with Banana. o_O Sometimes you can rubberband nori to a rock, and fish are more inclined to eat it because they naturally graze on rocks anyway.
What do you mean we are back to square one

TbyZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great thanks... and what's the best way to feed it? By hand or with the clip?

I use a short piece of 1 1/2' PVC pipe with fishing line tied to it. A rubber band holds the nori on.
Lower it in to what ever depth you decide, let Bananna eat the nori, then pull it out of the tank by the fishing line. Don't even get your hands wet :)

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean we are back to square one

What Humble meant by that is he and Mel were under the assumption that, because of the mix-up with the foxface post, Banana's main problem was due to internal parasites. Now that we know YOU do not have a second fish exhibiting signs it lessons the proof of that assumption. Hence, we are back to square one trying to figure out what's wrong with Banana. :)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I noticed the white spots last night when the blues were on...however this morning when the white are on I don't see any

20170223_070706.jpg

Have you seen any white spots on Banana since then? He looks perfectly healthy in this picture. Ick would stay on the fish for 3-7 days, not hours. Looking for other symptoms may be helpful if you feel that there is something truly wrong with him.
Look for:
Heavy breathing
Flashing/scratching
Yawning
Head Twitching
Hiding excessively
Lack of appetite
Lethargy
Swimming into the flow of a powerhead or return

And anything else out of the ordinary

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen any white spots on Banana since then? He looks perfectly healthy in this picture. Ick would stay on the fish for 3-7 days, not hours. Looking for other symptoms may be helpful if you feel that there is something truly wrong with him.
Look for:
Heavy breathing
Flashing/scratching
Yawning
Head Twitching
Hiding excessively
Lack of appetite
Lethargy
Swimming into the flow of a powerhead or return

And anything else out of the ordinary
I was literally typing out basically the exact same thing! :D

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back