Please read everyone!!! This is very important!!!

OP
OP
wetpetshawaii

wetpetshawaii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay this just totally f'*ing ticks me off.......someone signed the petition under # 341

"Barack Obama We aaa can't allow you evil capitalists to exploit our environment so we aa must contorl everyting you do with laws and fines and taxes."

This is not a friggen joke!!!! it is seriously going to affect many families livelihoods in Hawaii I got my family to support and I take my job,business,and family serious!!!

DO NOT PUT YOUR SIGNITURE OR ANYONE ELSE SIGNITURE DOWN IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT OUR HOBBY AND LOSING A PRECIOUS RESOURCE FROM HAWAII!!!

FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED WITH GENUINE INTENT AND REALLY SHARE THE LOVE FOR OUR REEFS,OCEANS,FISHES,AND EACHOTHER IN THE REEF COMMUNITY I GIVE YOU A STANDING OVATION AND THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! me ke aloha pumehana (WITH THE WARMTH OF MY LOVE! LES @ WPH

Last edited:

mr_X

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i say ban all collecting from any waters. we have enough captive fishes and corals to sustain the hobby, as long as people keep from killing them. this would turn the stores into hatcheries/propagation facilities. what could be better?

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i say ban all collecting from any waters. we have enough captive fishes and corals to sustain the hobby, as long as people keep from killing them. this would turn the stores into hatcheries/propagation facilities. what could be better?

we do? dude you do realize that there is not very many captive bred fish!

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Since you are not supposed to mix clown breeds... I'll have a nice tank with two clowns a couple dottybacks and some coral eating angel fish.

Perfect!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wetpetshawaii

wetpetshawaii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wed Afternoon Burp.....I mean bump :)........Please continue to sign this petition if you would like to ......I am totally blown away by how everyone in the reef community(businesses and hobbyist) comes together in a time of need....you guys rock!!! I am forever grateful!!!

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wed Afternoon Burp.....I mean bump :)........Please continue to sign this petition if you would like to ......I am totally blown away by how everyone in the reef community(businesses and hobbyist) comes together in a time of need....you guys rock!!! I am forever grateful!!!

And we appreciate being able to make a difference....it's great when you throw a tiny pebble into the water and a huge ripple is created.

By the way...according to that article, Yellow tangs have been exported from Hawaii by the millions...

I did some quick math... IF there were 100 fish stores and each one had TWO yellow tangs every single day for 365 days (one year) for 10 years...the total would be 730,000 yellow tangs.

Now, if you keep in mind how unlikely it is that those stores are going to get 2 tangs every single day for 10 years...the story this person is telling is just a plain lie. Also, keep in mind that yellow tangs don't only come from Hawaii...So, the 730,000 would be even more split.....

I hate how this article just posts opinions...

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We may not all agree on lighting, husbandry, etc, etc, etc..... But one thing that we all can agree on is that we love our hobby and don't want to see it destroyed by a sneaky twit who uses lies, deceit and cares nothing of those people who feed their familys by doing what they love.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back