Please read everyone!!! This is very important!!!

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys the fight is on!!!! tomorrow morning is the city council hearing tomorrow to determine a future for Hawaiian Aquarium fish availability......thank you everyone who took the time out to sign the petition...Im gonna try and use it tomorrow to show our state lawmakers how many people in the mainland contribute to both our economy in Hawaii and in the USA from this aquarium industry.... I agree with having rules set in place to protect our resources but I strongly oppose this bill because I do not agree on a total blanket on aquarium collecting in Hawaii.....mahalo and Aloha! God Bless

I like that extra angle that you'll be using...I guess I wasn't even considering the money that is generated from other states. Good luck.

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck and feel free to let Snorkel bob know where he can place all the snorkel gear he rents out to tourists :wink:

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update...

Oahu City Council voted unanimously to amend the proposed package and remove the aquarium language. Snorkel Bob sent over a representative to oppose the amendment, but one against 25 did not work in Bob's favor. One funny thing she said was "Hawaii exports the most reef aquarium fish in the whole country". I sure miss those Massachusetts reefs i grew up diving on. lol

The next issue is that all counties of the state have to agree on this package being presented. This means that Maui, Kauai, & Big Island have to agree to remove this language. Keep in mind the other three counties have already passed the package with the language. There is another meeting on Dec. 13th on Oahu. The other counties will be present. It's not over yet, but we are getting close.

I'd also like to add a big Mahalo to all those that signed the petition. Les from Wet Pets Hawaii was sure to bring that up and mention the support you all have shown.

Mahalo!

Kevin

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back