Potential Snoutrot on Pipefish. Any advice?

OP
OP
ArtsyAxolotl

ArtsyAxolotl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually didn't know that. Maybe once I move I'll set up a tank just for this little guy (and some friends) that I can keep at a slightly lower temp. Right now my main tank is around 78.

OP
OP
ArtsyAxolotl

ArtsyAxolotl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a week now of medication (following the instructions on the package) and he seems to be doing much better. The red under the snout is now pinkish and is isolated to just the lower part of his snout, and is only visible when you look at him from a lower angle. Looking at pictures of Dragonface Pipefish, that coloration seems fairly normal. It's definitely not covering his whole snout now so I'm going to try removing him from the QT and reintroduce him to the main tank. Just gotta bring the water temp back up and re-acclamate a tad (I'm sure there's hardly any tank water left in that QT after all the water changes).

If I see the color spreading again or notice a change in his appetite, I'll report back.

Thank you both so much for all the support and sympathy. And Mushu thanks you for saving his life :)

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news! Good luck!!

Dragon faces absolutely have a notable pink color to the underside of their snout.

Back