Powder Blue has ICH! Leave in or take and QT?

god503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that why I don't trust hyposalinity or fresh water dips. 8 weeks or copper dosing (if tank is fish only)

TheAcroholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet sucks, and yes, only way to get rid of it is fallow. My money is on ich though, and such a small qt to go with it made it die so quick.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my PBT for over 15 years...so trust me they stress out very easily which causes many diseases especially ich in them...if they're eating leave them alone...sorry for your loss

Last edited:

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a text book example of entering the hobby, clearly having received mis-direction from someone. First, 29 gallons is unsuitable for a PBT in any circumstance other than short term qt, shorter than two-weeks. Even a small juvenile will find quarters this small stressful, and it will likely cause problems like the one you experienced. Since you are cycling a large aquarium, you will need a large QT/hospital tank. I would recommend a 55 gallon long, stocked with dry rock, no sand bed and properly filtered without a skimmer. You can either run the tank in hypo-salinity always, (SG 1.010) or keep a light dose of copper in the water. All new arrivals should be QT'd for a minimum of 30 days before entering the display tank. Your 29 already has the ich parasite, so it will need to run empty for at least two months. Your clown has been exposed to ich, so I would recommend putting it in the 10 gallon and treating it for 30 days with hypo or copper.

I live about 40 min from Morgantown. Get in touch with Justin DeVault, he manages the PETCO aquatics area at University Towne Center. I know PETCO usually provides sub-par help in marine aquarium advice, but Justin is a personal friend of mine and an avid aquarist.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back