Powermodule vs. LED fixture

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not here to try and solve my issues with T5's and Im not here to knock them.I have seen some great tanks ran off of T5 fixtures but they are just not my cup of tea.I run a 24" Powermodule on a 24x24x20 50g cube and after bulb combo after bulb combo and after bulb combo I am done with it and am moving on to a LED fixture.I was out of the hobby for about 5 years and never even heard of keeping sps with anything else then VHO'S or MH's and when I recently got back in after reading thread after thread I was thinking "wow I can run a light fixture that doesnt raise my temp and keep sps".So I jumped all over it and I am happy that I gave them a try but it's game over for me:sad:Does anybody know of a good LED fixture that gives off a good 14k or higher look with the par rating equal to a 250w MH?

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I would check with Luke from reeffiltration. I think he just got a shipment or is soon of all 3w LED fixtures using bridgelux LED's for a real nice price. I know he tested par above that of a 250watt MH. I ordered myself the AquaIllumination from reekgeek. It had all the features I wanted for my nano and I expect it will do me well. Its on B/O though so I am waiting a few more weeks on it.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f267/led-pre-order-42108.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ben I have been going back and fourth with luke today on this subject and it seems that is the road I will be taking.:)

Back