Prime with Prime HD

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming the colors would blend well as they're basically the same unit other than one could use the left over power of other channels and the other cannot. My main question is can they be setup as a parent/child?

TIA

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that is more a question for support to answer:). There was a question the other day with a member asking about adjusting the color spectrum between the prime and the prime hd to match. The member set the light of independently for make adjustments. I would say with two different hardware and software in the units they will not work like two of the same units.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I just figured someone here would have real world experience. I like getting first hand info from my peers before trying to get an answer from customer support. ;)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I just figured someone here would have real world experience. I like getting first hand info from my peers before trying to get an answer from customer support. ;)
:D, Customer support is pretty good. Before they went to the email first thing they now have, I got a live person and they were quick to answer and were very friendly and helpful.

mikenestle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I misread the prime. I have Hydras and you can with them.

Last edited:

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't pair mine. I could be wrong, but I believe you lose the ability to use the "HD" power levels. The paired lights will only go to 100% (the HD alone goes to %110+)

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't pair mine. I could be wrong, but I believe you lose the ability to use the "HD" power levels. The paired lights will only go to 100% (the HD alone goes to %110+)

I don't really mind losing the boost because I currently only have one channel running at 100%. I have some decent store credit at my LFS, so I was going to pickup a Prime HD.... I guess I could see if he'd let me trade in my Prime for more store credit, and just pickup 2 Prime HD's and be done with it.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if youre still wondering but I have a prime set up as a parent and the prime HD as a child. Theres no difference between the two as far as setting them up goes. I believe the only difference is in the LED output. Mine work great :)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you aren't worried about the power levels, then absolutely they will work and blend together.

One of these is an HD, see if you can guess which one!
DSC_0097.JPG

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if youre still wondering but I have a prime set up as a parent and the prime HD as a child. Theres no difference between the two as far as setting them up goes. I believe the only difference is in the LED output. Mine work great :)

Awesome, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back