PSXerholic's 210 Gallon Reef in "Reefcity Houston" ;-)

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[URL=http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/Fishbox/media/IMG_3091newtankpic_zpselyeuxlp.jpg.html][/URL]

Hi everyone,
I was asked to present and publish my 210 Gallon mixed reef tank here on R2R by many people, so I thought I do it in form of a HD video.

The Tank is now running since almost 2 years and is mostly DIY.
Many thanks to my wife who allowed me to spend all that time and for her great support in this project, and also to all my Frag buyers out there, without them, some of the equipment upgrades wouldn’t be possible in such a short period of time.

I always get so many questions how I run and operate my system, so I will provide in the next few days all the details how the system is being arranged, what equipment is used and what I do and how.

People who know me, can confirm I do not hide anything and will share all the “secrets”, I do apply.
In most cases it is just too much to absorb, so the Video and this thread might help or being useful for a few fellow reefer out there ;-)

So stay tuned for future updates.
Enjoy the Video in the meantime, and watch in HD !!!

Also, feel free to check out more pictures on my Facebook page.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool video.
Lots of clowns, any mated?
What kind of camera did you use?
Great reef

Thx, not bad for an amateur........

At one point in the beginning I had about 200 Clownfish in the tank.
I bred 2 hatches from my first Clownfish pair a while back, but just for fun.
Then I had to give some away, and as well my banded shrimp started to eat Clowns as well. I couldn't catch this guy out anymore so I had to use interceptor to get rid of it. It's nice to have so many Clownfish in one tank, lol.

The gear I use is a Canon 70D with 1080P Video function.
Lens I use is a Canon EFS60 MACRO lens. The EFS100 is too sensitive for this purpose and the EFS60 is much more multifunctional and the results are great for pictures or Video. Can't complain about this setup, since I'm not a pro in photographing ;-)
I use an Amazon Basics 72" Metal Tripod for the work.
Videosoftware I used is Coral Video Studio 14.

Hope that answers your questions !!!

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a beauty! What does WC 24/7 mean?

Thx a lot !!! Beautiful piece and a heck of a work.
The Aquascaping is quite different from fellow reefer, but I like this the most.

WC 24/7 means I use a continuous Water Change system, heavily automated. I will make a Video of it how it's been build and how it works.
Every three hours (currently set up this way), I do change out a few liter of tank water. Total per day is about 2.5 Gallon.

That is sooooo nice, and the best addition I have ever done to the tank. No more hassle with water changes whatsoever. It's semi automatic, so I only pour in salt once in a while into the RODI water reservoir and have to press another button to pump it, after mixing, into the Saltwater reservoir. The effort every few days is probably 1 minute. Details and design considerations in term of safety will come up soon in another video. Stay tuned......................

BkReefBaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I thought it meant water change but I wasn't sure.....Man that's great I've been looking into something like that...I've notice a lot of systems that look great have a lot of water coming thru it especially when there is a heavy bioload. What are the dimensions of you tank by the way?

Can't wait till you do a video on your equipment. I know it's going to be good

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, beautiful tank. I gotta follow this thread. I've started thinking about setting up the continuous water change also.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it meant water change but I wasn't sure.....Man that's great I've been looking into something like that...I've notice a lot of systems that look great have a lot of water coming thru it especially when there is a heavy bioload. What are the dimensions of you tank by the way?

Can't wait till you do a video on your equipment. I know it's going to be good

Yeah, great.......setting up the expectations here pretty high ;-)

Not sure what to start with, VSV-UV, Filter system overall, WC system, Lighting etc.
Seeing a lot of interest here on the WCS, so I probably continue with that.
Would like to handle piece for piece in sufficient detail so it's useful to others.

The tank is a "from the shelf" AGA 210 with the dimensions of
72" x 24" x 29"

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, beautiful tank. I gotta follow this thread. I've started thinking about setting up the continuous water change also.

K, that's it. Will cover the WCS then next.
Definitely the best thing ever.
It does save so much time and efforts.

Since it is controlled through simple timer function from the APEX controller, it can be manually used to adjust the Salinity as well in case it's too high, or even unplanned larger water changes in manual mode somewhat. There are some design considerations that need to be looked at prior to building. But more then later.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone,

I recommend to watch the Video on Facebook in the link above in HD.

Anyways, here is the You tube link, WATCH IN HD 1080P !!!!!!

Happy Reefing...................................

Well, you have listing really good to that other European Guy in Houston.
I need a Vid like that too, but I want to include the secret frag room as I want to come clean ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it's about time! HA!

Gorgeous tank!

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a Vid like that too, but I want to include the secret frag room as I want to come clean ;)

Well, you are an awesome Mentor !!!!

Give me some time to improve my Video skills and some additional equipment, and it will be a honor to make MACRO videos of the famous DT - DIESEL TANK and the secret frag room. It will take days just to cover the Frag&Quarantine system, not considering the main tank ;-)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ummmm... I'm not European. :confused:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back