Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An 11 polyp (8 adults) frag of purple hornets
2 giant acro colonies
like four or five large frags of some made up "bad butt" palys/zoas
a tricolor acro colony
ladies man acro mini colony

I dunno, a lot of crap. The only thing I really wanted in the first place were the PH's.

What happens if they really end up sending you those things???

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i doubt it, and im pretty sure nanofins did some hw to make sure these were the same scammers using the same email they used to scam meemo out of his/her own corals.......and for what nanofins was trading....the guy is trading an overkill of corals....worth way more than nanofins is prob trying to trade...

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I intend to set up a ship date with this person. We will mutually agree to the same day. On that day, I will not ship out, and I'll make some excuse about something coming up; most likely the same thing I'll be getting that day, since they expect me to ship and them to scam. If they were to actually ship out by some miracle, I will see what they send me, and if they made good, I would as well. However, the more likely scenario is that I get the email saying sorry, didn't ship today, did you ship yours, let's try tomorrow, then they don't ship again, while I do, and they get their just deserts.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great idea. Give them a chance to make good on the deal (although all indications are that they won't) and if they don't then deliver the "goods".

meemoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I intend to set up a ship date with this person. We will mutually agree to the same day. On that day, I will not ship out, and I'll make some excuse about something coming up; most likely the same thing I'll be getting that day, since they expect me to ship and them to scam. If they were to actually ship out by some miracle, I will see what they send me, and if they made good, I would as well. However, the more likely scenario is that I get the email saying sorry, didn't ship today, did you ship yours, let's try tomorrow, then they don't ship again, while I do, and they get their just deserts.

You could always send them to me LOL. I called to talk about the corals and by the way he told me his name was Denny. So when I called the girl answered and said that I had the wrong number "no denny here". I have not called back to ask to speak to Russell. So here is the list I sent incase anyone comes across my corals

Tricolor Acro
Bali Green Slimer
Baby Blue stag acro
Tyree Flower Petal Monti cap
Orange Monti Cap
Palau Green Tree Coral
Cat's Eye zoas
Xenia
Funky Green zoas
Micromussa
Aquablue palythoas
and he was sending me
5 acan frags 3-8 heads each and
piece of 2"-3" chalice "********"
2 1/2" frag of the cyphastrea
3 zoa frags you liked 10 polyps or more each
for the items I asked for

is what we agreed on

I will try to contact them again, but I fear I will never see my corals. If anyone has a number to contact for fraud I would appreciate it. Thanks

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call your local police department they will either help you or get you the right person to talk with, people that do this make me sick.

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
nanofins....what the heck happened with this anyway??? you cant just mail a box of rotten stuff and no let us know what happened!!!

meemoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I rec'd a leaky package yesterday with some corals none of which were part of the trade, some didn't make the trip, but at least it's something. Was wishing for some of the Purple Hornets and acans promised me maybe good luck will come my way and I can have the energy to trade again in the future.:sad:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Update: I rec'd a leaky package yesterday with some corals none of which were part of the trade, some didn't make the trip, but at least it's something. Was wishing for some of the Purple Hornets and acans promised me maybe good luck will come my way and I can have the energy to trade again in the future.:sad:

Be interested in seeing what you received,,, vs what you were promised

Last edited:

meemoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was suppossed to get some of these:

loloooojojojo.jpg

cyphastrea842a.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/bungertt/trade/********.jpg

aaaaaa.jpg

9-14-09HornetTime.jpg

bama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:sad:Hello, Im new here and believe I was a part of his scam. I should be recieving a frag pack tomorrow, but after reading this I think Im done for..

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not. But those of you who have been ripped off by this person or persons should contact your local Postal Inspectors Office and file a complaint.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyers Beware;
Dennis, Reef Bliss, Salty Dawg, Russel or Russ is obviously a ripoff artist. He's now graduated to using quality corals that he has aquired through bogus trades to get positive feedback in order to rip off more members of a site!
RenegadeReefers.org • View topic - DONT TRUST THIS BOY

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this guy will show up again since scamming is pretty easy if you don't do your homework and get stuff from someone that is established on a site with a decent history.

nismo_32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is this guys address???anyone know...i really hate when this happens and its one of the things that get me the most furious...i live in the area can someone please send me or pm me his address. i have a few police friends and an fbi friend local...i will give this guy a nice little scare....hopefully enough to stop riping people off.....i also sell to all those LFS mentioned were he goes so i will let the owners know about this guy...his ripping off days are counted..........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back