Purple Hornet Ripoff?

wicked demon

trained monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is an unfortunate nessesity, glad to bust the scammers!!!
I got taken for about $900-$1000 worth of coral last christmas, by a guy in boulder colorado, Larry K., what a jerk, I even put the coral in his tank and a week later when I called to collect he told me I couldn't prove it was ever mine and if I contacted him again he would call the police. Just a shame people cannot be trusted. The worst part is he is like really well off, like loaded, investment banker rich, I would have never thought he would rip me off, he could afford to not make enemys.

On the other hand Browns sent me some nice frags last week and they look great!!

Psychographic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy chit. This is the guy that I got the corals from for $40 he gave me a bunch of zoas and a nice cabbage coral. I still owe him $60 on Friday for what I got, which I will pay...he let me pay in parts since he said he had to get outta town in a hurry which I thought was very nice. He brought the stuff to my job, which was also very nice of him.
This sux if it is him, the cell phone matches the one he called me from
If I have anyones ripped off corals I will be upset :(
He seems like a nice guy
He says that this has to be a mistaken identity...am I a sucka?

His MO seems to be selling low end corals to people who then think he's a great guy and establishes some credit, then he works trades for high corals and rips people off by not following through after receiving his end of the trade.

So you meet him personally, if you were in a court of law, would you say this was him?

MySpace - MySpace - www.myspace.com/293984650

Last edited:

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a wannabe attention seeking poser. I'll call my sister to see if she can come down and kick this loser's butt. lol!

got2envy

hello fishy fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at work and can't see Myspace lol it's blocked
I will take a look when I get home

m'akoyPINOY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy chit. This is the guy that I got the corals from for $40 he gave me a bunch of zoas and a nice cabbage coral. I still owe him $60 on Friday for what I got, which I will pay...he let me pay in parts since he said he had to get outta town in a hurry which I thought was very nice. He brought the stuff to my job, which was also very nice of him.
This sux if it is him, the cell phone matches the one he called me from
If I have anyones ripped off corals I will be upset :(
He seems like a nice guy
He says that this has to be a mistaken identity...am I a sucka?

i wonder why he's in a hurry to leave town!!

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kraylen, that's not bragging. I'm simply letting people know so they can stop PMing me info about him, ok?

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
majorbooboo sent me a msg on frags.org recently. But because he was using all caps I didn't respond to him. He wanted to do some major trading.

Chops30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is wow!! Being a noob to this hobby I found this an interesting read. i hope others will see this and learn that in every hobby, industry, anything we do really. There are those "fringe" elements that wish to exploite what ever they can to make a buck. Just sad a swift kick to the bean bag is order for sure.

Chops

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thead teaches a lot of lessons on many levels. I am certain a lot of people have been saved a lot of unhappiness because of this thread and the many other sites that have advertised the lessons in it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back