Put a bottle in your tank

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it for about 20 years lol
I let a bottle of whiskey age for 20 years once. Saved it for special occasion. That occasion came, opened the bottle, tasted like paint thinner. Live and learn.

#thematrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let a bottle of whiskey age for 20 years once. Saved it for special occasion. That occasion came, opened the bottle, tasted like paint thinner. Live and learn.
This i have experience with.

Aging alcohol doesnt count when its in a bottle. Its about it being aged where ever it was brewed. For instance wood barrels(not much in use now days but get the idea?)

Ok, so for the gentleman that has had hia bottle for 20yrs. And when he purchased or gift the bottle it was a 5yr aged whiskey for example. That bottle now, is actually still 5yrs aged. And storing it for a special occassion like the cubs winning the world series doesnt make it a 25yr old bottle wiskey. I mean sure its 25yrs old as such but the wiskey itself is still only aged 5yrs. Storing such alcohols for long periods of time may actually ruin the taste.
There was many bottles of alcohol that had been saved for a special time opened when the cubs won the series....and they tasted horribly

Heres a better idea. When a special ocassion happens. Purchase a bottle of chivas regal, aged for 18yrs.

Drink up. Enjoy responsibly.
Cheers.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aging alcohol doesnt count when its in a bottle. Its about it being aged where ever it was brewed. For instance wood barrels(not much in use now days but get the idea?)

Ok, so for the gentleman that has had hia bottle for 20yrs. And when he purchased or gift the bottle it was a 5yr aged whiskey for example. That bottle now, is actually still 5yrs aged. And storing it for a special occassion like the cubs winning the world series doesnt make it a 25yr old bottle wiskey. I mean sure its 25yrs old as such but the wiskey itself is still only aged 5yrs. Storing such alcohols for long periods of time may actually ruin the taste.
There was many bottles of alcohol that had been saved for a special time opened when the cubs won the series....and they tasted horribly

Heres a better idea. When a special ocassion happens. Purchase a bottle of chivas regal, aged for 18yrs.

Cheers.
hmm. you know your booze. can me Paul Brew and Psiber come over. Umm.... to, decorate...?

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was dipped on the honeymoon and since the divorce never wanted to drink it anyways lol

Sorry to bring down the group lol

To be honest I wouldn't know the difference in sure it all gets you drunked :p

Edit: I'm with salty I wanna try 18 yr old whiskey :)

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers.
I think you and I may have read the same article. lol

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bottle of whisky from my Dad. He died at the age of 47 in 1959. Yes the world goes back that far. Every Christmas (which is also my birthday) I drink a shot from it and make a toast to him. When that bottle is finished, I will add it to my tank.
The reason I didn't finish it yet is in 1959 I was 10 years old and didn't drink much and many times on Christmas we are away so I don't get a chance to do it.

#thematrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you and I may have read the same article. lol
I didnt read it. I was told by one of my alcoholic friends.
Maybe he just wanted to drink my stored bottles with me...followed by the 18yrs aged chivas.

But hes full of life knowledge so id drink with him anytime.

Paul, ill drink a shot of my stored bottles on xmas eve and think of you and your father.

If you ever print files from your notebook. Id love to read more than 2 that you get a chance to post.
Unless you have copies of the notebook around.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bruleyii, it is very strong, but my Dad was a real Man.
#thematrix, thank you.
I have that log book up to I think the 90s. My printing gets sloppier each year.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals really really love brass. The part about brass they love the best is the copper. It puts lead in their pencil. :eek:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is what you are into, sure. :rolleyes:

Shaun Sweeney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an old bottle of expensive whiskey diving. Can't remember the brand but I contacted the distributor. He asked me to put it in the freezer and if it didn't freeze, he'd swap me for a case of his new stuff. Put it into the freeze and went to work on a case of beer - that's the Canadian stuff that wastes you southerners - anyway many hours later we pulled the bottle and it had shards of ice in it. No deal.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This, my friends, is smooth. (and tasty)

IMG_00000382.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have a bottle of Rye from my Dad and he died in 1959. Every Christmas I take a little of it and toast him with it. I have just a little left.

Back