Question on bubble coral

Andres23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, like title says I been having this bubble coral for around 3 months now and it's been doing great so far, had a little issue with flow being to strong but got that fixed. Question is lately it's been like slightly open from the right side that you can see its mouth I believe is this normal and should I be worried? Haven't changed the flow or light conditions in a while, and I do weekly water changes, any ideas?
5b9cde1fec68e6dd74bf5bce6ece6654.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a healthy coral to me, nice specimen.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not worry looks very healthy to me and pumping well. Unless you see ripped areas I would not worry.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e6fa361f7eb83975c795dc162074732e.jpg

This is my branching bubble coral. Have it about 4 months. It has 2 heads when I got it and has 4 own and a 5th coming. As long as they are pumping they are good. You can also target feed from time to time

OP
OP
Andres23

Andres23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Desmond amazing, lovely bubble! Yea I feed it regularly at night when the tentacles come out, but almost every night they come out.. Is it possible to overfeed? @Chrisfish sweet!! That's the color mine are right now and hopefully I can soon get that coat of green algae on its surface bubbles :)

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Desmond amazing, lovely bubble! Yea I feed it regularly at night when the tentacles come out, but almost every night they come out.. Is it possible to overfeed? @Chrisfish sweet!! That's the color mine are right now and hopefully I can soon get that coat of green algae on its surface bubbles :)
That is a green bubble coral you are thinking of. I don't think the colours will change. Nice looking coral you have. They will only eat what they want. Mine just grabs when I feed the tank. Also use some aqua forest coral additives

OP
OP
Andres23

Andres23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Desmond My local fish store here in Arizona said it will change ): but ok i will look into the Aqua Forest additives, thanks for the tip :)

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Desmond My local fish store here in Arizona said it will change ): but ok i will look into the Aqua Forest additives, thanks for the tip :)
Is it pink now ? I had a green one before until I knocked it over and damaged it. Maybe someone else could confirm if it will change. On my thread I have listed additives I use

OP
OP
Andres23

Andres23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@michellejy yes I know!! Yes I've read before I got this bubble and one of its recommendations I believe is you bury most of its skeleton in sand and be carful of anything or anyone that can puncture the bubble very delicate, but once established its hardy.

OP
OP
Andres23

Andres23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it pink now ? I had a green one before until I knocked it over and damaged it. Maybe someone else could confirm if it will change. On my thread I have listed additives I use
Yes it's pink, the lighting makes it look different color. Ouch I can just picture that, I'm super super extra careful when cleaning even though I don't have lots of rock. I'll take a picture in the morning. Ok I'll check them out!

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's pink, the lighting makes it look different color. Ouch I can just picture that, I'm super super extra careful when cleaning even though I don't have lots of rock. I'll take a picture in the morning. Ok I'll check them out!
Yep I was devasted as it had doubled in size .

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bubble coral. It was doing awesome until it tore itself open. :( All these awesome pictures are making me think maybe I should try again and get another one!

OP
OP
Andres23

Andres23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bubble coral. It was doing awesome until it tore itself open. :( All these awesome pictures are making me think maybe I should try again and get another one!
Tore up how does that even happen?? ): sorry for your loss, we learn from our mistakes always another chance :)

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much flow or sharp rocks with too much flow can cause this. Unfortunately it can also just happen. I have found mine do best in medium light and low flow areas. Would not be without one in my tank :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back