Radion G3 won't connect/no firmware

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed G3 pros yesterday and cleaned. Just vacuumed them, no way anything could have gotten broken. Now one of them has the red/white flashing lights and reeflink won't find it. Tried wireless. Nothing. Tried via USB to Reeflink. It says "device connected" with spinning circle in Ecosmart live but never finishes adding it. Just spins the circle forever. The the red/white flashes mean it needs to upgrade firmware or has no firmware. Before removing the light it had the latest firmware......and today, Ecosmart is closed for the holiday. Tried all evening yesterday. Plugged into laptop, Reeflink or power for the light, it just gives me the red/white flash.

Ideas?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried removing the Radion from your ReefLink and re-installed? I had this issue and that's what I had to do.

OP
OP
Bubblebass

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issue solved. It warns everywhere to not use the connection manager if you have a Reeflink. Plugged the light into laptop and unplugged Reeflink. The light updated firmware immediately.

Thanks!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back