Radion Gen 3 Lighting Schedule for SPS

60squared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried moving my gen 3 pros to 75% but some of my sps started to loose color (on radiant color pre set). On the borderline of bleaching.. I was at 65% for a while then bumped it up over the course of 2 weeks to 75%. Im at 70% now but I think im moving it back to 65%. 80-90% seems super intense to me.. Although I wish i could bump it up that high just for the overall look of the tank being that bright. Oh, also started to get a lot more algae growth when i hit 75%..

I do apologize I forgot to mention that my whites and reds are only reaching a maximum of 35 percent also my greens are at 15 percent all blues and uv at 100 percent. I wouldn't go over 75 percent for a good while even at that to let things adjust hope this helps

MatteZ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Battle Corals has his radion schedule posted on r2r that you can download it. I have been using it for a few months and am happy

jaydogg76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where on r2r. can you post a link...has the schedule still been working for you

jaydogg76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle Corals has his radion schedule posted on r2r that you can download it. I have been using it for a few months and am happy
where on r2r? can you post the link...Is the schedule still working for you?

MatteZ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just searched "battle corals radion schedule". In the search bar. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd do it for you.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crank up the UV (coral loves the Radion UV) and blues to 100 percent and use very little red and green. I use less than 5 percent. I have my whites at a max of 40 percent with 120 degree lenses and the light ten inches above a 40 breeder. Acros are growing and colored up with lots of PE but would like a little more light. Unfortunately, I have too many LPS in the tank to add much more white. The radion can be a real microwave if one is not careful.

frank@wall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to use the Radiant color scheme. Can you break it down meaning at what time you use each colors at what intensity? Would like to transfer that to the Apex fusion
After TONS of reading and talking to a local coral farm growing nice SPS and a few other high end tank owners and from the personal experience i've had with it i've come to the conclusion that the Radiant Color program at 80-90 percent Is the best for coral growth and coloration. White LEDS burn corals EXPECIALLY 5 watt LEDS reds are also not used much by corals and can burn them. Radiant color program runs 55% overall intensity on the white LEDS and only 37% of the overall intensity of the reds. its basically two hours of 20k in the morning 8 hours of around 15k and then two more hours of 20k in the evenings. I personally tweaked mine so the Blue period was at a higher intensity in the mornings. I run my lights from 930A to 930P my tank is sps heavy with RBTA and various lps on the bottom all very happy. just start at 40 percent and VERY gradually work your way up keep in mind that these lights are honestly no joke and will burn your stuff up right now. HAPPY REEFING

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me awhile but I've got my Radion gen 3 pro's running a great schedule with a Sps dominant tank. I've found that not using the red and green is a mistake(my red ramps to 30% and green to 20%) but do agree to keep both blue channels on 100% and UV ramps up to 100%. My lights stay at max intensity for 5 1/2 hours and do blues and low UV for 2 hours on each end.
My lights max out at 70% and I have them 7" off the water with stock Tir lenses. I've been running the same schedule for about 6 months with only max intensity changed.
I've also added 2 T5's to my Radions with great results. 1 Ati Actinic and 1 Ati blue plus.

goldy26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a FB page that is dedicated to Ecotech Radion schedules. Might be worth checking out. People post up their own, which makes them all available to download. The page is called, "Ecotech Marine Owners Club." Personally, I used their high-growth preset and altered it a bit. I added points in to get a long gradual build up, and down, in intensity working from 20k to 12k then back to 20k and moon light period.

Christopher Medynski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ..read all posts..love the input from everyone. My scenario
150 gallon mixed with sps acros montipora's. Just got in two g3 pro's... I've been thinking since ive never used ecotech live . I was informed to use the coloration program at 50% then slowly work it up to a 100%

ianf77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x XR30 pros and was using Schwinns profile for a while. Corals grew well.

I have acclimatized to Ecotechs AB+ over the last 4 weeks. Coral coloration is really noticeable. A lot deeper defined color in my acros.

I work overnights and when I get home in the morning I am n the habit of checking my sump as it is reverse lit. Really just to check skimmer collection, function etc.

One thing I do check is the DT with lights out using a flashlight. I like to check for critters, polyp extension corals ( mostly sps acros ).

Since I started using the AB+ schedule I notice the color is s lot richer when checking with a flashlight. The simple fact I notice it now suggests the lighting schedule is producing positive results.

Most of my acros now have a more defined coloration.

This schedule works for me.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice thread.. question. is there a better setting for growing coralline algea.. long story but had to tear down my 600 sps. cleaned rock and hypo tank to kill ick. now all fish.. starting back up with sps shortly.. have had the lights on only 20% intensity all colors 100 percent.. rock is now the typical darker brown.. no green algea growth.. thanks

ianf77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion. Coralline algae will grow irrespective of the perfect light spectrum. I my sump I have a 5k cfl for the refugium and coralline grows easily wether in my skimmer cone, return section, in fact anywhere. I think having the correct magnesium/ calcium / dKH balance is key. It took some time for coralline to take in my tank as I cured dry rock to start. The addition of frags introduced it and now I have to clean all my vortechs frequently in vinegar to clear coralline algae growth. I don't do water changes as often as others, months have gone by without one. My acros have exploded, in fact I mounted a couple 2 inch frags about 9-12 months ago and now are 16 inch colonies. I maintain my tank based on the appearance of the creatures I have in it. If something ain't right my corals will tell me!!!

Back