Radions

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have most of the components I need to set up my reef. I am planning on going with a LED/T5 combo for lighting. For the longest time I was planning on going with SB reef lights, but they still haven't released their apex ready lights. I don't wanna do the mod as I just don't want to bother with it. So, I am now considering radions because I don't want to wait any longer. What is better about radions compared to other LED'S? Also, over a 4 ft tank would two gen 4's be too much light? All you guys with radion experience feel free to speak up. Any advice/input is welcome

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why LED/T5 ? T5s are expensive and need to be replaced every 9 months...

I really like the APEX and EB8 but over the years have had 3 fail inother words FUBAR...

The last thing I need is to hear my tank lights are not on when I'm on a three day trip...Then I get back and have to jerry rig a 1-10VDC until the new Apex arrives...

For Primary Systems...KISS...Keep It Simple...

I do not rely on the APEX for my primary system...Lights & Main Pumps...

Stuff Breaks and do you want to be the guy jerry rigging your system to keep it going until replacement parts arrive???

3-4 Radions would be perfect for an SPS Tank 48" Long or Two Sirius XTC Lights...Either way you would not need to spend Extra on T5...

Bill

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Radions on my tanks. Great lights. I use a Reeflink to program and modify as necessary from either my computer or my cellphone.
There are tons of programs available from Ecotech. You can even set a beginning and ending point for intensity, and Reeflink takes care of the rest.
For a 4 foot tank, I would use 2. I have 2 over my 120, and 5 over my 240.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back