Rainbow Chalices - Let's talk about them!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I call this one th

Wildthing
Wildthing chalice.jpg

Wildthing chalice.jpg
I know this is a old thread but REALLY? That is bad to the bone. Any current pics?

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the FL frag swap I bet? Nice collection!
Thanks! Actually Man I don't really have time for frag swaps - I work about 80 hours a week though I will make time for reef-a-palooza in Orlando this year as its about an hour and half from home. About half of those came from World Wide Corals - I scored all of their named rainbows when they were doing their chalice frag packs last year. The rest of them came from Ben Aronowitz / BSA Corals. He is a vendor here @Bsacorals and is one of the most solid shippers I have dealt with.

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
got it through Candy Coral in Toronto, Canada.
I will be getting couple of pieces from him too [emoji16] [emoji16] do you have your chalice on the sand bed? We have the same lights but I'm still at 58 brightness, ramping it up slowly..

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be getting couple of pieces from him too [emoji16] [emoji16] do you have your chalice on the sand bed? We have the same lights but I'm still at 58 brightness, ramping it up slowly..

it's in my LPS system under AI prime, not under radions in my SPS system

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. Anyone here have issues with rainbow chalice and LEDs? I have a set of Hydras running at 50% (b/rb/v 10%w - 80 par on chalice) that chalice seem to slowly fail under. After my initial attempt I moved everything to my SPS tank under Radium 250s and everything is thriving. Had high hopes for an LED chalice tank - any tips?

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. Anyone here have issues with rainbow chalice and LEDs? I have a set of Hydras running at 50% (b/rb/v 10%w - 80 par on chalice) that chalice seem to slowly fail under. After my initial attempt I moved everything to my SPS tank under Radium 250s and everything is thriving. Had high hopes for an LED chalice tank - any tips?

i have 2 chalices unders AI prime HD and all doing great!! see picture in the poste above you in the 'quote'.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 chalices unders AI prime HD and all doing great!! see picture in the poste above you in the 'quote'.
Hi David, would you mind sharing your light schedule and settings with me. I have about 25 rainbows now and really would like to move them to a tank with the Hydras. Its a LPS tank and everything else seems to love it. Trachy, hammers, etc all doing well and growing.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi David, would you mind sharing your light schedule and settings with me. I have about 25 rainbows now and really would like to move them to a tank with the Hydras. Its a LPS tank and everything else seems to love it. Trachy, hammers, etc all doing well and growing.

i can't copy my schedule file, but here's a few screen shot.
AI Prime schedule.JPG
AI Prime schedule 2.JPG
AI Prime schedule 3.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back