Reef Brite PAR Readings???

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gonna add a couple of Reef Brite's to my GEN 1 fixture from Luke and was wondering if anyone knows of the PAR readings on them.Im gonna add 1 50/50 and 1 all blue and might get another 2 to surround the fixture on all 4 sides so I might end up with 2x50/50 and 2xall blue just dont want to over do it:bigsmile:.

Hungriee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luke's light isn't enough lights for you? I'm interested in how it'll look with the Reefbrites too, in combination w/ Luke's fixture.

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i know is the claim is that the all blue reefbrite puts out double the PAR as an ATI Blue+ T5 bulb, which is fairly high already. i'm actually purchasing my first reefbrite this week to add to my T5 fixture, because i want actual growth out of LEDs without having to spend over 200 for it (im kinda broke!), but this PAR claim is made by the company and is usually listed in the description on most sites that sell reefbrites. i wanna say i have seen PAR testing done on these strips, but i can't exactly remember the numbers.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i know is the claim is that the all blue reefbrite puts out double the PAR as an ATI Blue+ T5 bulb, which is fairly high already. i'm actually purchasing my first reefbrite this week to add to my T5 fixture, because i want actual growth out of LEDs without having to spend over 200 for it (im kinda broke!), but this PAR claim is made by the company and is usually listed in the description on most sites that sell reefbrites. i wanna say i have seen PAR testing done on these strips, but i can't exactly remember the numbers.
Thanks xraided199 thats the info I was looking for, now I will just get 2x all blues instead and forget about the 50/50's.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know, I am doing a Reef Brite group buy for the locals and would gladly extend the price to you. If you are interested feel free to send me a PM.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know, I am doing a Reef Brite group buy for the locals and would gladly extend the price to you. If you are interested feel free to send me a PM.
Thanks reefpets that is very kind of you and I will definitely have to take advantage of this kind offer,pm sent

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed 2x 24w T-5 UVI super actinics and replaced with a single 24v 24" all blue bar and bleached some Florida ricordea so I had to turn it down to almost the minimum voltage so they don't bleach and some still have......I would say they produce more par then 2x 24w T-5 UVI actinic bulbs as nothing bleached from the T-5 actinics. If you wanna add some blue I say the Reef Brite blue bar is the way to go infact they also at the minimum voltage the actinic ability and blue color still don't get over powered buy the 250w 14k Hamilton SE bulb which is my main lighting....Hope that helps.

cato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good to know since I just pick up some of Lukes LED's also.

The Saltwater Kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody tried the Ecoxotic Stunner strips yet? They look pretty good too but I have heard good things about the Reef Brites.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back