1   0   0
Well done Nate!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That flasher wrasse came out awesome Nate, Love it.

OP
OP
etan714

etan714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://wetpixel.com/competition/inde...d=391&page=all

mods.. i am not sure if I can ask for help here so please delete if this is inappropriate.
I have entered two designs in the Raja Ampat tag design contest. They include a watercolor painting I did of a Nursalim Fairy wrasse. All you need to do is to follow the link and scroll down to the entries at the bottom of the page. You can pick your first, second, and third choice. I would of course appreciate your vote. The winner gets a dive trip in the Raja Ampat Marine Protected Areas of Indonesia..

NwilsonRajaAmpat3a.jpg

NwilsonRajaAmpat2LR2.jpg

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging the art. I majored in Sculpture, but took every single Art Class IU had to offer. With that I can honestly say these are great. The Pufferfish is a hard one to nail isnt it? I have only drawn cartoon fish, as I didnt have the aquariums when I was in college, but Have drawn some fat faces in figure drawing (amongst other things I am scared to see again) and at the right angle they start becoming extremely akward. My favorite is the 6-line wrasse though. The close up portrays their curious attitudes very well. Its in the Brow haha. I would try experimenting with putting some dry salt on wet water color, You will LOVE the results. It will give you some really crazy designs that you cannot get with a brush, I will bust out my Portfolio and see If I have my WC study, it may give you some awesome ideas for doing those microscopic details that the ocean is full of.

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And rubber cement is a GREAT masking tool btw. Sketch out the drawing, Paint the background and let it dry, then rubber cement around your fish sketch...paint it, and then rub off the cement, it comes off in balls really easily and helps make it stand out from the background a bit more. I like to take Black and white Pics of my stuff, if It looks good that way, then I did the right color depths and stuff...Just some tips from a guy whos had his share of art lol.
Great work! (dont take me as a critic, but as one who will critique.....all in good intention) YOu could make some REALLY amazing stuff if you keep up this good work.

Are you just doing these for fun? or do you take art classes?

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://wetpixel.com/competition/inde...d=391&page=all

mods.. i am not sure if I can ask for help here so please delete if this is inappropriate.
I have entered two designs in the Raja Ampat tag design contest. They include a watercolor painting I did of a Nursalim Fairy wrasse. All you need to do is to follow the link and scroll down to the entries at the bottom of the page. You can pick your first, second, and third choice. I would of course appreciate your vote. The winner gets a dive trip in the Raja Ampat Marine Protected Areas of Indonesia..

NwilsonRajaAmpat3a.jpg

!!! I have wanted to go there so much! It is the dream dive trip. Who organized the contest? Let us know who won!

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome work. Would love to see a pair of harlequin shrimp painting or a ZOA and paly garden. Just some ideas from another artist.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you're an excellent artist! that seahorse in post 48 is absolutely stunning! Really like the rainbow trout as well.. My family (myself included) is very big into fly fishing, so that is definitely something I could see hanging in my house next to a net and creel..

brentsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you do one of a clownfish, maybe an ocellaris or a Picasso?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back