Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done it on my reef breeders I think they are the same case. You have to unscrew the entire top. Pull the top off. Don't pull to hard therr are wired connected. Mark all the harnesses so you know which goes were. Pull the harnesses apart. There's a bolt on the under side holding it in. With pliers and a adjustable take it off.

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully Rick keeps the sale prices going for a little longer have been going back and forth between the photon 24" and getting 2 of the dm165e's for my 40b project. I have finally decided on the 165e's and will be getting them hopefully within the week

Tushhog47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there has been a lot of discussion about issues a few individuals have had with Reef Radiance and the DM-165P+. I just wanted to share my experience with Rick and the Reef Radiance team. I hope this will help anyone that has read some of the negative comments and are on the fence about purchasing led lights from them. I am currently a customer who is eagerly awaiting the arrival of his new led lights. Although it is taking a little longer to receive what I ordered, I will be more than happy to wait for such a highly recommended light. Even though I have personally not dealt with the Apple APP issue, I am happy that Rick, his team, and individuals on this forum have worked tirelessly to get a working app for those of us who are waiting. With all new technology there are bound to be bumps in the road and Rick and his team have had their fair share of bumps, which really appeared to be out of their control (Production falling behind and Apple changing the IOS). I know from personal experience that even the higher priced led lights have issues from time to time. I currently have a co-worker who has two nice radions that he has had for about a year that he cannot use because the fans have stopped working. He is looking at almost 500.00 dollars in repairs to get his lights working again. I guess that is what really helped me decide to purchase lights from Rick. I have emailed Rick on several occasions before my purchase and I had an answer that day or early the next day. I was very impressed with the amount of time and effort that Rick spent explaining options, warranties, and different setup configurations. Yesterday I contacted Reef Radiance through their website to see if I could get any updates on anticipated delivery dates. I was contacted by Rick within three hours by phone to explain that the lights were being shipped from over seas and they were hoping to ship them out either Monday or Tuesday. Now that is service in my book. These lights appear to be an amazing light at a price point that a new reef keeper can afford. I have enjoyed the customer service and experience that I have had so far with Reef Radiance, and wish Rick and his team all the best luck in all he new lights that they have in development.

tudamxm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the dm 165p+? I went to the website and there are new models. Why was the old specs taken down? When did this happen? Reason for discontinuing the 165p+

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the dm 165p+? I went to the website and there are new models. Why was the old specs taken down? When did this happen? Reason for discontinuing the 165p+

Hi Tudamxm,

We just upgraded our entire line - focusing on the 4 main lights you see now on the website - the PROSTAR and the PROSTAR + and the STARFIRE AND THE STARFIRE GENESIS. With these four lights we now have provided a light for almost any customer with almost any lighting need. Are you looking for a DM-165P+ - if you are you would purchase the STARFIRE - same light with sync function.

We will be rolling this out on R2R in the next week or so - with all the details.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef_a_holiks,

I don't know the components on the ebay light - we don't sell lights on ebay - only on our site. I don't know what power supplies or leds or any of the other components used in the ebay light so I cannot make that comparison. We have been selling the PROSTART for almost two years and discontinued it when the price went up - now we are getting a better price so we are selling it again. The PROSTAR + is upgraded to allow it to connect to an Apex controller - this option is not available elsewhere.

Not sure where you got your data on the STARFIRE - it is actually based upon the DM-165P+ and has the additional feature of being able to be synced when you buy multiples and costs $30 less than the P+ - and has free 120 degree optics. A better light with more features - and costs $30 less.

We are rolling out 4 new lights that costs less and offer more - that is what's up.

Rick

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
isnt the 165e and 165p the same light, same layout and all. Only difference being the features that come with the 'P" model is apex ready and android device dimmable .

Eric G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering what happened , at MACNA in Denver you were bragging about having two booths next year. Didn't see you in any booths in DC.?

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Eric,

Nope - if you saw me there last year - you saw me on crutches from a skateboard wipeout. Yep a skateboard. So this year the doctor said not a good idea to stand for three days at the show. So I did not go - however we had a booth - [HASHTAG]#512[/HASHTAG] - manned by the people from Seneye. Did you get a chance to drop by?

Rick

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without reading 105 pages, does anyone have feedback on white/blue settings for best color and growth? I have a 93 cube mixed reef with lots of LPS and getting more and more into SPS. Right now I am running 65% blue and 35% whites. I have (2) DM-165E lights over the tank.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without reading 105 pages, does anyone have feedback on white/blue settings for best color and growth? I have a 93 cube mixed reef with lots of LPS and getting more and more into SPS. Right now I am running 65% blue and 35% whites. I have (2) DM-165E lights over the tank.
What is your depth? Ran same lights on a 24" deep tank with whites at 35% and blues at 70% was getting 120-200 on sb

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I should ask this here
So question is what power cord rating does the RR DM-155e use? I lost mine on the when I moved to college. Thanks in advance

robbrouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some of the -155e from Rick about 2 years ago. The blue channels went out of one of the lights. Sent Rick an email asking if he knew of a fix, knowing the lights were no long under warranty. I get a respond back saying fill out a on-line form. I did this and waited a week or so and emailed him again, and again. Still have no answer. I replace my lights with T%'s and coral growth has taking off. I really like the light not bashing them but customer service after the sale really sucks.

I asked about repair changes so maybe I could get the one light fixed so I could sell as a pair and it's been several weeks no and they have still not got back to me yet. I do not like witting negativity about a company, but their support after the sale leaves a lot to be desired.

I have one fully working 155E and one that the whites work, but not the blue. If anyone is interested in buying them hit me up.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some of the -155e from Rick about 2 years ago. The blue channels went out of one of the lights. Sent Rick an email asking if he knew of a fix, knowing the lights were no long under warranty. I get a respond back saying fill out a on-line form. I did this and waited a week or so and emailed him again, and again. Still have no answer. I replace my lights with T%'s and coral growth has taking off. I really like the light not bashing them but customer service after the sale really sucks.

I asked about repair changes so maybe I could get the one light fixed so I could sell as a pair and it's been several weeks no and they have still not got back to me yet. I do not like witting negativity about a company, but their support after the sale leaves a lot to be desired.

I have one fully working 155E and one that the whites work, but not the blue. If anyone is interested in buying them hit me up.

Hi Robb,

In truth your email is a bit different from what happened. You emailed us on 2/8 and i emailed you on the same day. Then you emailed us next on the 14th and i responded on the 16th. You emailed us on the 17th saying you had replaced the lights. I read this line and assumed you were done. In the same email - you asked for a repair quote and i did not read that. As my kids say - that is my bad.

I apologize for missing that.

Rick

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back