ReefBar Pro Actinic Blue

Mahni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of using this for supplements, but don't see much review about them. If you are using and/or have owned these, how do you like them?

Please advise, thank you.

broach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run this in a hybrid setup on my t5 ATI and get amazing growth and color. I run the ultra actinic and know many people and a store locally that runs them in a farm scenario and get good results. 2 bars will grow sps and par readings are actually quite good.

OP
OP
M

Mahni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run this in a hybrid setup on my t5 ATI and get amazing growth and color. I run the ultra actinic and know many people and a store locally that runs them in a farm scenario and get good results. 2 bars will grow sps and par readings are actually quite good.

Thank you for your precious time and input.

If I may ask, how long have you had your units? I asked cause years ago, I bought a similar strip. My issue was after a few months of usage, the driver/power always go bad. I understand that I get what I pay, but trying to eleveate the same problem.

Also, what is/are the difference(s) between the Ultra Actinic vs what I have linked?

broach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've currently been running it for 1 year. The drivers can go bad as they are cheaper. 21led is very good with defects. The ultra actinic has violets and aquablue with red leds I swapped the reds for another royal blue led.

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'v had an actinic bar on my tank for 2 months. I also have an older version that I'v had for 2 years. I'm probably going to get another one because I like it so much

OP
OP
M

Mahni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for everyone's feedback. I've placed an order.

Have a terrific Memorial Day weekend!!

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've currently been running it for 1 year. The drivers can go bad as they are cheaper. 21led is very good with defects. The ultra actinic has violets and aquablue with red leds I swapped the reds for another royal blue led.

I'm interested in purchasing one of the pro ultra actinics but heard the reds ruin the uv channel, how did you replace them and how much did that mod cost?

Thanks!

kromar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the reef bar pro 50/50 on 11-20 to supplement my current orbit on my 90. If I ever get it I'll let you know how it is. Not to happy with 21ledusa right now. Not even a shipping notice as of today.

kromar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my shipping notice and the light was delivered today. It was worth the wait. This light along with my current orbit should be fine for softies and LPS

Cris121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im debating on which one to get from reefbar pro: actinic, ultra actinic or 50/50. Any suggestions?

I currently have the current USA marine orbit but looking to supplement with more par and a little more blue color.

kromar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 50/50 and it's great. I think it has plenty of blue. The blue and white have separate controls just like the current orbit so you can adjust to your liking.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back