5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read all 18 pages and want more please
beautiful tank
beautiful system
ur attention to detail and ability to describe who what where when why and how are great really helps me understand ur logic and paints a picture for me
I wish I was closer to u so I could get one of ur "frags" and see that amazing build in person keep up the greatness
Justin

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Justin, lots of time invested but dont we all do that LOL

@locito277
Never have seen the present angels pick at any SPS, i did have a coral beauty that was a picker so it got re-homed.
I usually feed 2x a day and everyone is fat and happy so maybe that helps them from foraging for food on the corals.

The Queen on day one wiped out a one of a kind plate that Ive NEVER seen before and the store I got it from hadnt ever seen one like it either:(

aandfsoccr04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of the plate? Fantastic stuff! Maybe we can get an order going soon after reading all your fantastic reviews! Cheers

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of the plate? Fantastic stuff! Maybe we can get an order going soon after reading all your fantastic reviews! Cheers

I don't have a picture of the plate, I wish I did and it did not make it.

I've decided to replace all my display LEDs (the ocean revive S026 fixtures) with 8-Hydra52HDs. IMO they seem to be a better fixture (component/diode speaking) than the Radion pros. I've been running a 52 and 2 -26 HDs over one frag tank and the 2 acans, one mushroom and the lobo LOVE the light plus the SPS grow like weeds and the color is great.

I'd say the LPS are driving the replacing as I have two trachs in my display tank that don't look happy, the lobo was the same (in the display) before I moved it to the frag system.

Pics to follow, the lights won't arrive until the end of the month.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hasn't even paid anything any attention other than a plate coral that was a one in a life time piece LOL

FTS
Gorgeous fish and amazing corals!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish and amazing corals!
Thank you guys. I know you two are fish connasuers so Im sure you'll appreciate this beauty. Its actually a crime posting a cell phone picture of this fish but i dont have time to break out the DSLR

This little lady has settled in just fine and eats like she's been in captivity for years.

Anampses Feminus aka Blue Tailed Tamarin
Screenshot_20161111-190040.png

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tank updates/ pics? Beautiful corals and fish. Enjoyed looking at the photos!
Not sure if I missed it looking through the posts, but how did the red headed wrasse H. Rubricephalus do in your tank?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes we need an update!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tank updates/ pics? Beautiful corals and fish. Enjoyed looking at the photos!
Not sure if I missed it looking through the posts, but how did the red headed wrasse H. Rubricephalus do in your tank?

I lost a lot of fish a few years back so I'm not sure if you're referring to the "original" or its replacement. I posted about the tinkeri I picked up that got sick and wiped out nearly all my fish. That was quite awhile ago and the red head was one of them, I've since restocked and that was always a favorite so I got another and it's doing fantastic. It's a beautiful fish and doesn't bother anyone and nobody bothers it either.

Yes we need an update!

:( I know I'm horrible and need to get an update before years end. I did replace all my OR SO26 lights with HydraHD 52. I love the lights but despise the user interface/lack of documentation etc. I could talk trash about that part of the light/company FOR A LONG TIME. I own 9-HD52 2-HD26s and an older SOL that was upgraded to the hydra, obviously I like the lights-but it's a love/HATE relationship for sure.

I will get to an update-promise :)

Such a beautiful tank [emoji2]

Thank you kindly

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is that update? [emoji14]

Right!?

Ok- still no update other than I think I'm redoing the tank- well not the rockwork I was happy with the outcome but the acros-I've been looking at these same pieces for too many years and some need more flow ( like 6 QD40s plus the return isnt enough) as they've grown into large colonies.

I fragged up the tierra del fuego that was the upper left large colony- I ended up with about 6-7 nice colonies about 8" around.

With working 6 days a week its tough to fit everything into one day, so I'm afraid the "update" will be a little while down the road-My sale thread I ran ate up a lot (all) of my free time :p

Thanks for looking-hopefully the new look is a appeasing to the eye ;)

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my updated FTS won't be much to look at, I removed all the colonies and fragged them up ;Facepalm

This is now just a memory ;Wideyed ;

What!
Why!?

Your tank is one of my all time favorite.
Such massive colonies.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What!
Why!?

Your tank is one of my all time favorite.
Such massive colonies.

It was one of my favorites too ;)

I wish I knew what the cause was but there were a few people effected by the "unknown" in my area. Colonies started to STN from the base which was the common problem we all shared. In addition to that I wasn't paying attention to chunks of food that would lodge within branches and decompose causing a problem in itself. Maybe one problem fed on the other but Ive been dealing with this for at least 3 months.
Nothing happens fast in reefing right LOL, and this was no different. Gradually one colony after the other had it happen, I thought, flow, bacteria, well I considered EVERY possible idea.

I could spend the next hour typing what all I did but it wont help anyone since Ive no solid definitive answer as to "what happened". One of the stumpers was once I cut the dead area away, the piece healed fine and all was good, frags I made did fine.

I look at it like this, the tank was "full" I couldn't add another acro if I wanted, the pieces were so large they blocked everything so all I could do was sit and "enjoy" the tank by viewing it. I'm probably not alone but if that's all I can do, that's not enjoyable to me :confused:

I lost very few pieces, and the ones I did loose weren't that special other than being 20"x24". I was able to keep many softball sized or larger (a few smaller) pieces so now I get to redo everything and it wont be long before (IMO) it'll be beautiful again.

I also lost my regal after many many months, my femininus wrasse jump so its been a few months of !@#$%. I got rid of the Queen Angel since I now need to restock so I figure get rid of the Male Bellus and the ornate- I unload fish on a regular basis, we call it the "Junkie Shuffle" at my house :)

I had added a trio of Choati Wrasse that are doing great ( they were the reason for getting rid of the ornate) and Ive also added 5 fathead anthias that are doing well too.

I'll post a pic of whats left so I can have a before and down the road we will the "after"

Well that's my update :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back