Reefrocks.net

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I can't remember who mentioned this site but there stuff looks ok. I just wondering if anyone has used them and has pictures of their rock and especially the sand I want to order the sand too but I want to see what it looks like in a tank before I decide to buy. Thanks

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off the phone with them. I was just about to order from them but was having problems getting the order in so I called. It seems like its just a private business and sounded like he was driving at the time. Ive sent E-mails before and he responded fairly quickly but the response was something like "Ill send when I get into the office". Now im at a moral crossroads. Do I help they guy out and give him my business or do I go Elsewhere. Doesn't seem like many people if any have ordered from them though.

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pleased. The rocks were nice, decentlh priced, and packaged well. If you have a certain size rock toh want or a particular shape he will dk his best to fulfill it that way. Thays the good thing about small businessea. Its more on a personal level.

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1397841265031.jpg

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for all the input everyone. I'm going to hold off on ordering it for no I found a deal from a local guy and if all goes well with him I'll be getting my rock this weekend. And as for the sand does anyone have a pic of it? To me on the website it looks brown and I'm not fond of the brown color. I like the white sand look that's what I have in my 60g dt.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you end up getting your rock from?

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock has a bit of a green tinge. I would do more then just rinse it, especially coming from craigslist. I would probably do a full out acid rinse with muriatic acid from a pool supply store. There is good info on doing this, do a search.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock has a bit of a green tinge. I would do more then just rinse it, especially coming from craigslist. I would probably do a full out acid rinse with muriatic acid from a pool supply store. There is good info on doing this, do a search.

What he said. Who knows what that rock has been through.

I wish I saw this earlier. Reefrocks is great. The owner Steve is very willing to help where possible and will give pieces asked for. IMO there is no better dry rock out there. Reef saver and Marco is the same stuff. Old coral reef dug up. The difference IMO is reef rocks is far cleaner. I've used all three and the other 2 leached something fierce. As for the sand I just ordered 2 boxes and while I have not used them yet the sand seems great. Good feel and appears clean.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I did a little looking at this I think I'll give it a try. But a question all kinds of people have their opinion on how long for the rock to stay in the wash and to sit in water. So would a 20-30 min wash and a day soak (over the corse of the day empty and refill a few times) and let sun rdy for a week or so? Does that sound good enough? Also a good scrub between rinses.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I cure the rock when done? Before I put in the tank. This is going to be a new tank setup.

Back