Reefrocks.net

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their website clearly states the grain size, it's fine grain. I would send them an email just invade though if you're looking for specifics.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks decent enough. I may buy some. Have you experienced any sand storms? flying debris or anything? Is their sand considered Medium grade? I'm more interested in the heavier stuff. Medium grade at the least.

No the sand is perfect no sandstorms no debris perfectly rinsed just throw it in and you're good to go

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sand didn't come today (bummer). Perhaps tomorrow...however, the rock DID come. Pictures below, ordered 50 lbs.

DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY CRAP! Thats what 50lbs looks like? what the heck am i gonna do with 100lbs!:faint:

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This rock is quite light seeing as though it's dry and quite porous. When I talked to the owner a while back he recommended that I get less then I think I would need. I ordered 100lbs for my 90. When it came in it was almost 120lbs total and was wayyyyyyyy over board. I had almost 50lbs left over. Really is great stuff.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sand didn't come today (bummer). Perhaps tomorrow...however, the rock DID come. Pictures below, ordered 50 lbs.

Unfortunately for your mail deliverer yea the sand comes in a 2nd box. It's a small box but weighs 50lbs lol. I felt sorry for my guy and met him halfway in the street so he didn't have to carry it as far

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was amazed at how many pieces there were. I went back to look at the fedex tracking and the package weighs 54lbs so I may have a few extra there. Very little rubble. The rock looks great in person, very porous and has lots of tiny holes and caves. Curious to see if I'll use it all or have extra, plan to use this for my 40 breeder.

P.s. Pictures of your 100lb order please! Would love to see how many pieces you'll get :biggrin1:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some great rock!

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock does look awesome! I can't wait to get my sand from him. Nice guy and answers emails very quick

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most of the dry rock these people sell like BRS or Marco come from the same place.

The Rock I got from BRS is actually quite heavy. That's the only thing I didn't like about the Reef Saver BRS sold me. The rock is very porous and structured, but seemed much heavier than the Fiji or Pukani I also have. The diatoms seem to love it tho. haha. I may just try some of the reefrocks.net rock and see how it is. I am going to order some of the sand soon.

saltines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some really nice looking rocks people have posted, As well as the sand. Im also thinking about getting 100lbs of reefrock. The only thing discouraging me is 2 unanswered questions that have remained unanswered. I sent an email in 5 days ago and again yesterday with no response. Unfortunatley they are either backed up with miles of emails or they simply dont care to reply.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were your questions if you don't mind me asking? I was emailing them about 2 or 3 days ago regarding sand.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, the owner is a very laid back. Sometimes to a fault. Often you need to keep on him. I would give him a call. I've dealt with him many times and every time I say it will be the last. But the product brings me back every time.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling him is much faster. I called him after hours on accident one time and hung up before he was able to answer and he called me back. Great guy to deal with

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back