Reefrocks.net

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked on sand tracking and it SHOULD be here today, it's 40 minutes away at a sorting facility so i'll be completely shocked if it doesn't come while i'm at work. Unfortunately that means no pictures until much later this evening BUT i will get some to you all :happy:

saltines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i jumped in on the bandwagon. Made specific request criteria on my rocks so well see how well they come out. Placed my order yesterday night at around 8pm and by 8 am I had tracking numbers for sand via usps with an estimated 3day delivery. By 10am i had the tracking numbers for the rocks with an estimated delivery of 6 days. This is all via electronic notification i dont believe anything has been shipped yet but it is expected to ship today. My actual delivery time will be extended as i believe all shipping stops moving on weekends. So far so good. I will post plenty of pictures of my shipment of 100lbs of rock (108 lbs on shipment notification) and 160lbs of sand upon receiving.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here lol, within 3hours of ordering my sand it was shipped with a 1-3 day delivery time, can't wait to see some pics of it! Hopefully it makes me look forward to it even more and not regret ordering it before seeing it!

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand came as I was walking out the door for work. Pictures below :biggrin1:. Thoughts, it's very nice quality sand. It is NOT brown like the website shows, it's more of a light tan - very similar to beach sand color. I can easily see why it looks so pearly white in the tanks. You won't be sorry.

DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

saltines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can wait a few more days id hold off on it. I will be posting plenty of pics when i get mine. My sand should arrive tomorrow and my rocks thursday. I will wait til i get both and post them all at the same time. From what i read i wont be dissapointed but im somewhat picky. I can tell the difference in the rock from the "other" supplier and reefrocks. Ill give my take on wether reefrocks is worth the $30-40 savings over the "other" guys, although the free sand deal kind of compensates for the difference.

saltines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welp. Ive been checking daily foe tracking updates. Up until now the sand tracking numbers didnt reveal anything new. I ordered late thursday night and receiving tracking number/electronic notification on friday, a business day. Saturday, a business day for usps went by with nothing new. Sunday, not a business day, passed as well. Now today;monday the 5th i received a tracking update and my sand is still in Florida. 1-3 days right? I guess ill keep waiting anxi- i mean, patiently for my sand to arrive. no update on rocks although it says ill get an update on tracking today.

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand took 4 days for me, same situation as you with no updates for a few days. But for the price... it's something I can easily overlook.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the usps I don't even try to keep track with them their tracking system is so dumb. I just make sure it has a depart scan and wait a few days. Lol

saltines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3035.jpg
IMG_3037.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg
IMG_3040.jpg
IMG_3042.jpg

Sand came in today.
1.closeup
2.closeup
3.comparing to caribsea seafloor special grade reef sand
4.comparing to caribsea seafloor special grade reef sand closeup
5.reefrock sand with flash on camera

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in today also, really happy with it, looks nice and white when in the tank, but my tanks a mess from swapping out the CC to this so I'll have to wait for it to settle to get some once it's in the tank... Did you add yours yet?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1399523590.158812.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1399523626.907067.jpg

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to doubt you booth but before I decided to order and did some research on reviews and I think you were the only one that mentioned them. It wasn't until I met someone personally that ordered from them and showed me their product. Then the next day I stumbled onto this thread. All in all I am very happy with the purchase.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had never heard of him until posting several months ago and after looking at several sites I went with him. But I had heard several good things from other people on here before ordering and felt confident I made the right choice

saltines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my sand came in yesterday and my rocks came in today. All in all im happy with my purchase from reefrocks.net. I wouldnt say it compares 100% with other reef rocks but for the price and sand it is a great buy. Im not sure how well my additional note within my purchase was met as it was vague. I asked for porous rocks and irregular shapes. There is very little rubble in both boxes. There are a few fraction sized pieces for aquascaping but im sure those were as a result of shipping. The rocks themselves are good enough for me. There is a couple of rocks that have "dull"-non pourous sides, but it will problably hide with the aquascaping.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R&G,
I will say two things. It's is exactly the same as reefrocks, and be prepared to have that leaching for quite some time. I have used it and also had a friend use it exclusively. It's not as clean as it looks.

So before I just throw these suckers in there what did your rock leach? I did notice that they are extremely dusty, but that could have been from storing and shipping.

I gave it a good rinse but still a little dusty. I was just going to set it up in the tank aquascaped with no sand for a week just to remove residual dust and then change all the water.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back