Refractometer issues/calibration

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just want to be certain that I'm using the proper calibration solution for a ATC refractometer.(Pic included)
The reason is my refractometer with the drops of this solution only adjusts up to 1.025 max, then the blue slide starts to decrease. I cannot get the indicated 1.026 of this solution.
Assuming my current refractometer is toast, is the Pinpoint salinity moniter or a new refractometer a better choice for accurately measuring S.G ? Thanks

Screenshot_20170220-114403.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just want to be certain that I'm using the proper calibration solution for a ATC refractometer.(Pic included)
The reason is my refractometer with the drops of this solution only adjusts up to 1.025 max, then the blue slide starts to decrease. I cannot get the indicated 1.026 of this solution.
Assuming my current refractometer is toast, is the Pinpoint salinity moniter or a new refractometer a better choice for accurately measuring S.G ? Thanks

Screenshot_20170220-114403.png
I would never go without a refractometer. Salinity monitors are great but I would want an additional way to check their accuracy.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer conductivity to refractometers, and I've used and like the Pinpoint Salinity meter.

The standard is the way to confirm their accuracy. :)

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other elements in the seawater will not affect the results of a salinity meter?

Back