OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it is two pieces, little easier to handle that way.
Now that you mention it, I can see the line splitting the two. Thanks for showing me yours! Looks simple enough.

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stand has euro hinges that have clasps that allow the doors to be removed easily if needed.

255fJIO.jpg

uHBAa9l.jpg

HUWm7uU.jpg

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is ridiculously stunning. How did you fix those acrylic sheets there? Do you have a build thread or something?

The two doors and two side panels are held up by magnets. The side panels and doors are made of 18mm solid acrylic, and there are no more issues with rusty hinges.

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Steelersfan
I guess that acrylic is something similar to Corian. Looks awesome though..how have you fastened the size panels and the front door?
What your inner frame made of?

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the acrylic is solid all the way through. If I drill a hole through the orange doors, it is completely orange all the way through.
The doors and side panels are attached to the stand by multiple small magnets. Although the magnets are strong enough to hold the panels, the panels can easily be removed at any time. My friend custom built the stand using steel, and it was powder coated white.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did for my doors was put two dowels on the bottom edge that aligned with the face frame, and epoxy glued one magnet in the door, recessed in the door frame, that aligned with a magnet in a wood piece on the face frame.

Dowel:

IMG_20160304_134736304_zpsbgi3nfpw.jpg

And this little Mickey Mouse ear contains a neo magnet that aligns with a neo magnet counter sunk and epoxy glued in the door frame.

IMG_1818_zpsknz1mxd2.jpg

All three of these doors are held in place with dowels on the bottom, magnets on the top

IMG_20160304_134322350_zpsbbf53cky.jpg

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two doors and two side panels are held up by magnets. The side panels and doors are made of 18mm solid acrylic, and there are no more issues with rusty hinges.

Very nice, same way I did my laminate doors & side panels. Love the acrylic.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried to install Blum lift hinges on their cabinet doors? I love the idea of having the doors lift straight up and saving tons of space.
FREE_slajd_gl2.jpeg
aventos-hl-easy-order-set-height-350-399mm-height-soft-close.jpeg

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Blum aventos lifts would be great for on an enclosed stand for above the tank. I would just wonder how they would handle the salty environment.
The euro hinges are all great because they are removable and take up little space and open a full 90degrees. The biggest downside to them is having the right tools to make the recesses that the hinges tuck into on a door.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back