Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want my tank to look half as good as yours and its being a pain in my butt!! lol made some recent investments hoping to see if i can get it to turn around!

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new sump setup to install this weekend. It will probably be a bear to install but should help save me on maintenance in the long run. Its going to be a messy weekend

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got some work cut out for you. Why did you got with a 3 section sump? I'm just curious because I've never seen one like it before. Tank is looking good as always, good luck on the install!

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got some work cut out for you. Why did you got with a 3 section sump? I'm just curious because I've never seen one like it before. Tank is looking good as always, good luck on the install!

I wanted a larger sump but there is no way I would be able to get it in the stand in one piece. So I had it built in three sections. I am hoping I can get the old one out in one piece :)

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a major project to get this sump in, but it is finally up and running. So far so good!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job man and nice sump!

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL love the music choices. Don't you just love how there's always a super long creepy tenticle! And that poor beat up yellow tang comes over and is like HECK NO, I'm outta here! And in the other vid I first thought it was a turbo snail, but is it some type of nudi?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply an amazing video of those sweepers of death...lost many nice corals to sweepers before. Amazing reef and very nice new sump too!

Thanks Tim! I have had to move a few corals already and by the looks of it, I have to move a few more.

LoL love the music choices. Don't you just love how there's always a super long creepy tenticle! And that poor beat up yellow tang comes over and is like H E LL NO, I'm outta here! And in the other vid I first thought it was a turbo snail, but is it some type of nudi?

It is a type of limpet.

Sump came out great man. Looks amazing :)

Thanks, I am very happy with the sump!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back