revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok good news and bad news.

Good news the tank is running water and so far just one leak from one bulkhead that didn't seal good. That looks to be fixed.

Bad news and hope it's not super bad news is the water level is 1/8 to 1/4" lower on one side! The tank shows it's level but since it's in the wall I can't measure the front now. It was level when it was moved into place. I can still reach the leveling bolts but not sure if I should try and correct it now with water in it.

Thoughts?

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got the metal stand from planet with the tank and the leveling bolts are on the bottom of the stand I would say that it is safe to level it without draining it. Go slow and keep an eye on plumbing or better yet disconnect the lines from the tank while you level it and reconnect after.

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good news and bad news.

Good news the tank is running water and so far just one leak from one bulkhead that didn't seal good. That looks to be fixed.

Bad news and hope it's not super bad news is the water level is 1/8 to 1/4" lower on one side! The tank shows it's level but since it's in the wall I can't measure the front now. It was level when it was moved into place. I can still reach the leveling bolts but not sure if I should try and correct it now with water in it.

Thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. Tank showed level when put in place, but once filled, I am 1/8" off on one end, which is magnified by the 10' length.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of leveling bolts and have no option but to live with it. I have seen no ill effects as a result.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you got the metal stand from planet with the tank and the leveling bolts are on the bottom of the stand I would say that it is safe to level it without draining it. Go slow and keep an eye on plumbing or better yet disconnect the lines from the tank while you level it and reconnect after.

I do have this stand.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys and what would that be?
Drain it before you try to level it....that's me though, maybe the particular setup you are using is perfectly fine to adjust when full, but that just gives me the heebie jeebies

singleshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that stand all should be just fine to level with water in the tank, my only concern would be putting stress on the plumbing, you can disconnect the plumbing to level then reconnect.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Drain it before you try to level it....that's me though, maybe the particular setup you are using is perfectly fine to adjust when full, but that just gives me the heebie jeebies

Who asked you anyway!

LOL! :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With that stand all should be just fine to level with water in the tank, my only concern would be putting stress on the plumbing, you can disconnect the plumbing to level then reconnect.

Good thing is the side that needs to be leveled is on the left side with hardly any of the plumbing!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok contacted Planet and they said I could level it while full. Just to adjust the leveling screws a little at a time making sure I work my way through all the bolts that need to be adjusted a few times.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Front corner doesn't want to budge!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it not worth trying to drain some into your containers to take a little pressure off the stand while you adjust?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it not worth trying to drain some into your containers to take a little pressure off the stand while you adjust?

Great idea! I think I will!

Back